They want their picture taken down

jeff42

• Members

last night played a so-so gig about an hour from home. Met some nice people and I asked them if they minded if I took their picture for the band site. They said I could take the pic and they posed for a picture. I posted them last night and one of the bartenders posted a short 1 min video of  the small crowd enjoying the band. 

Well this morning i got an irate message from one of the women demanding I take down the pic and video.

She said stuff about public perception of her and all that nonsense bla bla bla...(she works for UPS, so I don't understand it's not like she's a state representative or something ( BTW an area state rep. doesn't mind being photographed with my band... Just in case you were wondering)

well I don't argue anymore I just do it, so I took it down but told her the band has no control over the video. We did not take it.

She did not like that response. She wants the video gone. I told her nicely I will see what I can do or she can contact the bar. 

Sometimes I don't understand what is wrong with people. If you don't want your pic taken just say "no" Its OK I don't get pushy I just move on... and If you pop up online accidentally just tell me and I'll take it down or crop it. But don't pose for a pic and then tell me to take it down. 

/rant

• Members

SpaceNorman wrote:

Naw ... she's worried her fiance or her husband will see it.

good possiblity cuz she was there with her "Girlfriend." :) and she wasn't hiding how much she liked her!

Strange thing just happened to me about 5 minutes ago. Got a message from a guy demanding I take down a pic that has been online for about 5 years of him and his x-girlfriend that is on my other band's page. WTF? people. 

• Members

The guy that just messaged me said: "Hey, there's something about this photo that bothers me. Would you please take it down? Thanks"

It was a pic of him and his X hugging and smiling at the camera.

I wrote back joking- What is it dave? you're shirt? (he was wearing a shirt with a very vulgar saying)

LOL

a very popular band had something like this posted on their website once: "if you don't want your picture on our website don't pose for a picture. We won't take them down" 

over the years i have had a few of these self important idiots who think people care about a pic of them in a bar/restaurant smiling to the camera. I used to say get over yourself but meh.. it aint worth arguing with the self absorbed anymore. 

but 2 in one day has me puzzled. totally unrelated requests.. heh.

... and another thing. i think good pics of people having FUN is great marketing for bar owners that are checking out your site.

• Members

stangconv wrote:

That "there's something that bothers me about this picture" is facebooks canned message when someone reports a picture.

now that I know this it really PISSES me off. I should put it back up. 

and as far as public perception of me- I think playing in a band means you are showing your face in public and for me actually helps in one part of my day job. I wear many hats in my day job (working in TV) and one of those hats is on-air talent for a travel show. I never once worry about perception when I am drumming and drinking and getting pics taken of me. It helps the show. Many people have recognized me from TV and that helps the band and the tv show I host/produce/edit. 

Its not how everyone feels... just me. :)

the reality is privacy is pretty much gone. Everyone has a camera and everyone is posting pics everywhere. 

• Members

I've gotten this once or twice, and it always befuddles me that people are so... stupid. Just.. so much is wrong about that. Everything said in this thread is accurate. :)

That being said, just remove them. It's less of a headache.

Archived