Web-presence feedback, please...

mstreck

• Members

I could use some constructive criticism on the content found at the following websites:

http://www.pettinghendrix.com/

http://www.gigsalad.com/petting_hendrix_bridgeville

While you're at it, maybe some of you could also offer advice about what you see on our facebook page as well... http://www.facebook.com/pettinghendrix

I have my flak-jacket on. Thanks!

Mike

• Members

Your main website definitely has a party feel. Scrolling is almost none (which is good).

On info you quote "You never know what we're going to play next!"...this is bad...people looking to hire a band want to know what they will get before they hire you. You have no sample song list anywhere that I found.

• Members

I went to edit our site and I *do* have a song list on it. However, an older version of the page is displaying. I have no idea how that happened, but I definitely need to fix it!

Thanks for pointing that out!!!

UPDATE: the most recent site changes should be loading now.

• Members

toober wrote:

Your main website definitely has a party feel. Scrolling is almost none (which is good).

On info you quote "You never know what we're going to play next!"...this is bad...people looking to hire a band want to know what they will get before they hire you. You have no sample song list anywhere that I found.

Hey Mike--I think the GigSalad and FB look great. On the other hand, maybe it's just me, but I found the website to be a little too much stim. Lots of stuff packed into small space, I was not drawn to click on anything--my first instinct was to just close out altogether. But I'm an old guy (42) that leans toward simplicity and organization, and maybe your site appeals to the kidz you're targeting, which is really all that matters anyway. Either way, your stuff looks great overall. 

• Members

On pettinghendrix.com, "pet me" doesn't need a question mark at the end of it.  It is not a question.  Also, on your gig schedule you say you are playing at Plim Plaza but do not say which town it is in.  Other than those two things it looks good.

• Members

Roy Brooks wrote:

On pettinghendrix.com, "pet me" doesn't need a question mark at the end of it.  It is not a question.  Also, on your gig schedule you say you are playing at Plim Plaza but do not say which town it is in.  Other than those two things it looks good.

Thanks! I'll see if I can add the location. You can get all of the info if you click on the link, which I mistakenly assumed people would just do. Maybe I should add that little tidbit of info.

"pet me?" is a play on the "got milk?" craze of yesteryear and actually *is* intended to be a somewhat suggestive question. :D

pet me shirt

Archived