I just realized..Im in a grandpa band..

race81

• Members

Id be honored. It was a true statement btw. My pops played professionally for many years before I was born the hung it up when I was born, partially to be home with me, partially to get sober. He picked it (music, not booze) back up when I went to collegein 95. I just saw his band last weekend and it hit me, they do it right! Its older blues & soul but done so well, fromthe musicianship to the lights, sound, banter, the clothes they wear, eeverything screamed pro and the dancefloor definitely reflected it! Very cool to have an example like that in my family, I gotta up my game!

• Members

sweatpat wrote:

Id be honored. It was a true statement btw. My pops played professionally for many years before I was born the hung it up when I was born, partially to be home with me, partially to get sober. He picked it (music, not booze) back up when I went to collegein 95. I just saw his band last weekend and it hit me, they do it right! Its older blues & soul but done so well, fromthe musicianship to the lights, sound, banter, the clothes they wear, eeverything screamed pro and the dancefloor definitely reflected it! Very cool to have an example like that in my family, I gotta up my game!

Sounds like my kind of band . . . . links to video, please!

• Members

Here's a pretty hot version of Don Covay's "Critical List" that they performed on a local TV show. That's my Dad on Guitar and my Uncle on Keys...

Here's one with my Uncle singing one of their originals:

Here's a cut from a live show at a sit down place...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

grandpa, dad band or not.....we played a 2fer this past weekend and rocked both of em. sat night was for a college graduates party....had a drunk college girl hanging off my shoulder twice before the night was over tellin me how awsome we are and that..I had the voice of an angel. I smiled all the way home.

Archived