Here's something kinda cool....

• Members

a wedding video from a wedding we played a few weeks ago.  Not our audio and the band is only shown in a couple of quick shots about 3 min in, but really well done overall and something we can probably use as part of our promo package to highlight the type of events we cater to.  (Although not all weddings we play end with fireworks and the bride and groom helicoptering away, for sure...)

Anytime there's stuff I didn't have to take time/money to produce and I can get some use out of it, I'm all for it!

• Members

Howie22 wrote:

The amount of money being spent on that event blows my mind.

LOL.   Yes, it was one of those "we should have asked for more" deals.   When we first got asked to do the gig, we threw out our top-dollar bid and they accepted it without question.  

The wedding was held at a place that can handle 6 weddings a day across 3 rooms.  They booked the entire place for the entire day.   And while I'm sure fireworks must be very expensive, I didn't know it was even possible to get a permit to be able to shoot off your own fireworks on the lake.

But, hey....everyone there had a great time, so I'm sure it must have seemed like money well spent for the bride's parents.   And it's all relative anyway.... 

• Members

I'm a video guy by day as well, mostly 30 second commercial production but I do all kinds of stuff. I once found myself suited up with a full steadicam rig, circling the bride and groom on the dance floor and afterword thinking "gawd" this absurd. There's good money in the wedding video industry, I just got burned out on doing them.

• Moderators

musicmanmu wrote:

This makes the nicest wedding I've ever been to look like a quick and dirty encounter with a skank prostitute behind the dumpster of a Denny's.

If those are the two choices I'll take the latter.  idn_smilie.gif

Terry D.

• Members

Howie22 wrote:

The amount of money being spent on that event blows my mind.

In 1960 my Cousin's wedding cost $10,000 American dollars in Uruguay. Adjust for inflation and the fact that things are generally cheaper in that country. One more thing, nobody leaves the reception before the Bride and Groom do. The Groom's men had to pick the couple up and haul them out so the seniors could go home. The couple went nightclub hopping and dancing the rest of the night. (Or so I've been told.) That marriage is gone now. My cousin's ex-wife will always be a part of the family. (Amazing lady, very classy.) That only goes to show you that you can bring someone into your family, but you generally can't kick them out. (My Ex was always welcome at my Parents. I'll probably be seeing her tomorrow night at our Son and Daughter-in-law's 10th wedding anniversary party.) My Wife, Mother-in-law, Ex-wife and I will be there for two reasons. The Kids throw a great party and we all support their marriage.

Archived