A back to the future show?

jeff42

• Members

Someone is interested in booking us for a private gig like this-

Each set we play will be a specific decade (kind of, its a little more than a decade but you get the idea):

1st set 00s-late 90s

2nd set early 90s- late 80s

3rd set early 80s-70s (...and whatever else we have left)

It seems like a cool thing we can pull off for a private party but would it work in a bar/club?

• Members

jeff42 wrote:

It seems like a cool thing we can pull off for a private party but would it work in a bar/club?

My bet is that it would all depend on the crowd at any given show (private party or bar crowd). I would certain consider giving it a try one night just to see how it flies. My bet is it will do alright - especially if you sell it to the crowd as being done on purpose.

• Members

If it's possible, I think you guys should maybe consider changing either your outfits or lighting/staging each set to go along with the evolution of the music backwards in time. I know it's gimmicky, but private parties tend to love that stupid crap.

I think if you billed the show as a trip back in time, it might work in a bar...but I've noticed that music tends to work better in the opposite direction in most bars, because (at least in my experience), bar crowds get younger as the night progresses.

Good luck!

Brian V.

• Members

MusicalSchizo wrote:

If it's possible, I think you guys should maybe consider changing either your outfits or lighting/staging each set to go along with the evolution of the music backwards in time. I know it's gimmicky, but private parties tend to love that stupid crap.

yeah we'll do the outfits/wigs thing for this private party if they hire us which I have a feeling they will. its all in good fun. The nice thing is our song list is so varied that we CAN pull this off easily.

• Members

well the private party fell through... I got an email from the organizer that said:

even though I appreciate your medleys, I'm not sure that drunk students would appreciate "the song changing every 30 seconds."

:facepalm: I guess she thinks the audio samples on our site and gigmasters site are how we play the medleys. uggh... 

I haven't even responded yet. I am 

Losfer Words

• Members

wesg wrote:

Sounds like you dodged a bullet by losing this gig!

yes definitely! It was a strange day of emails to say the least. The gig came in, the 1st email sounded very promising and it was looking like a fun, well paid gig for us... And then the craziness ensued. WOW. I pity the band who gets the gig.

Archived