X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedies for ringing ears

Saw an ad on TV the other day for some product claiming to cure/help with tinnitus. I have always heard that there is no cure. Anyone familiar with any known treatments? years of gunfire and loud music (not simultaneously) have had an effect I would like to reverse if possible.

Tomm Williams wrote:

Saw an ad on TV the other day for some product claiming to cure/help with tinnitus. I have always heard that there is no cure. Anyone familiar with any known treatments? years of gunfire and loud music (not simultaneously) have had an effect I would like to reverse if possible.

Personally I'm hoping that the build new hearing cells project hits human trials soon. (It's a virus delivered genetic modification to cells in the ears. Hadn't been tried on humans last I heard.)

Comment

I'm skeptical. Claiming to "help" folks who have ("suffer from") tinnitus isn't the same as claiming to provide a cure or even lessen the effects of the damage. Something that is advertised on TV makes it more suspect in my view. YMMV (but probably not). :-( Mark C. ("C" as in cynical.)
      "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

• Chicken Monkey
        Chicken Monkey commented
        Editing a comment

As a fellow sufferer, I'd love it if they came up with a cure.  In the meantime, lowering blood pressure seems to help--the easiest way to do that is cut back on the salt.  

I think wearing my custom earplugs to a show indicates to others that I am probably a musician myself. I'm sure it doesn't really to most. But at least that helps me to not worry about what others think of them.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Free prog-related metal from Michigan.<br />
      <br />
      <a href="http://www.silentlapse.com" target="_blank">http://www.silentlapse.com</a></div>

Comment

Working...
      X