Remedies for ringing ears

• Members

Saw an ad on TV the other day for some product claiming to cure/help with tinnitus. I have always heard that there is no cure. Anyone familiar with any known treatments? years of gunfire and loud music (not simultaneously) have had an effect I would like to reverse if possible.

• Members

Tomm Williams wrote:

Saw an ad on TV the other day for some product claiming to cure/help with tinnitus. I have always heard that there is no cure. Anyone familiar with any known treatments? years of gunfire and loud music (not simultaneously) have had an effect I would like to reverse if possible.

Personally I'm hoping that the build new hearing cells project hits human trials soon. (It's a virus delivered genetic modification to cells in the ears. Hadn't been tried on humans last I heard.)

• Members

I'm skeptical. Claiming to "help" folks who have ("suffer from") tinnitus isn't the same as claiming to provide a cure or even lessen the effects of the damage. Something that is advertised on TV makes it more suspect in my view. YMMV (but probably not). :-( Mark C. ("C" as in cynical.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived