Thinking about doing a kickstarter campaign

3shiftgtr

• Members

What choo doodz think....a kickstarter campaign

....to record local talent. There is a lot of world class talent around here....mostly folks that played in Nashville who have retired, lots of acoustic award winners are from here, not to mention some players who have gone on to the "big time"....not to mention some serious virtuosos.  I 'm thinking maybe a vol 1 and a vol 2....ask for money for a studio space (lost mine 2 years ago), mastering, duplication, and legals. Have a CD release party at the local civic center.  I know a lot of heavy hitters financially, and would be welcome to promote it in the local media....I estimate generating 3K on the low end, and 10 K if I got lucky and really worked it. Corporate sponsorship would be an easy get. Jeez, I've taught all the doctors, layers and indian chiefs and their kids for the past 20 years around here.  My "hot list" is stacked.

The negatives come from small town bs...some folks would get their feelings hurt they weren't included...and in a small town, that isn't good for business....some folks would want to give to get....you know....here's xxx money, and my little suzie needs to be on your project....and some folks on the project might not like their precious bluegrass tune on the same project as a rock song....would be some work in getting copyright and compensation legals together....

But what yall effin jeenyuses think? Just in the brainstorming stages.....no decisions yet.

• Members

guido61 wrote:

Sounds cool.

Also sounds like a LOT of work.   Gotta be the kind of thing you want to do because you'll LOVE doing it.  And a $3K minimum doing something you'll love is never a bad pay day.

Yeah, a lot.

But 3k is me basically not getting paid and breaking even. Duplication costs and legal and studio rent for a year and 3k is gone like that.....my shoot for the moon goal would be 15k. Feel pretty good about hitting the 8 or 10k mark (he said, trembling).

Archived