Small changes make big difference

roamingbard13

• Members

Sometimes it's amazing what little changes can do. We took some promo pics, set-up a press kit, did a quick new demo (which I'd love to make better), and re-did our website. Most of it is still pretty basic. In the course of a month after that, venues that wouldn't talk to us before were booking us on our press kit alone.

The big win, though, was a couple of fans responding to facebook posting from a local venue. This resulted in a cold call from the venue, and us booking a show at our highest ever rate. Oh, and a bunch of free promotion from them on the radio, in print, and on their website.

http://mohegansun.com/nightlife/events.html?featureid=0f14d8a3

I'm convinced our revamped website, facebook page, and press kit are what got them to call us. While we have been working on tightening up our music and skewing our set-list towards more Top 40 and dance music, I'm not sure it mattered if we didn't have the image to sell.

• Members

roamingbard13 wrote:

The big win, though, was a couple of fans responding to facebook posting from a local venue. This resulted in a cold call from the venue, and us booking a show at our highest ever rate. Oh, and a bunch of free promotion from them on the radio, in print, and on their website.

I just did sound for a fantastic band at the Lansdowne Friday night, was that you biggrin.gif ?

http://thefirstrespondersband.com/

• Members

That was us! Thanks for making us sound great.

The website is there, but I can't figure out how to share our updated press kit from my iPad.

We figured simple is better. One of our projects for the winter is redoing all of the demos again. We did quick one cut songs to get us going for summer and fall bookings. They don't include harmonies which is something that I feel we do well overall.

The pics on the website were taken by an amateur friend and edited in iPhoto. Our total cost for the press kits, including printing our paper copies at Staples, was less than $100. It has resulted in about 15 bookings now.

Archived