David Grohl's Sound City

Potts

• Members

Timely topic as I just watched it last night. I have the Blu-Ray, which has some extra footage of the song that Corey Taylor from Stone Sour/Slipknot, Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick and Scott Reeder from Kyuss did together, plus some other collaborations.

My favorite part of the documentary is when Dave and Paul McCartney are talking to each other while working on a song together:

Dave: Why can't it always be this easy?

Paul: It is!

Love that!

• Members

tim\_7string wrote:

My favorite part of the documentary is when Dave and Paul McCartney are talking to each other while working on a song together:

Dave: Why can't it always be this easy?

Paul: It is!

Love that!

LOL..Right? I love it! 

I seriously can't get over the history behind that place. And I love Dave Grohl. I've always loved the passion he has for the recording and writing processes. It's like he wants to be rock n roll like the people that he grew up listening too.

Let me tell you. I know I have boyish good looks but I've been recording a very long time. ;)

I did a ten song "tape" on 2" in 87 and then  did a 14 song album in 95 and did it all on 2" tape. My engineer died a number of years ago but a friend was recording last year and posted these photos to FB. I immediately recognized them from my deceased friend's old studio.

mitch1.jpg

mitch2.jpg

Now I'm working on another one and it's all Protools. I can't complain though- it's so convenient.

Archived