No Halloween, Thanksgiving Eve, or New Years Eve...

mstreck

• Members

We are scheduled for next years Halloween & NYE at the same venue, but nothing yet for this year. We kind of have the feelers out.

One bar we played at wanted us but for $500 less than out price. They are always trying to cheap out on us. We discussed it as a band and took a pass.

• Members

We're doing a private gig around Halloween, a fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation. It's costume themed and they call it the "Bone Bash". This is our 3rd year doing it. No gig Thanksgiving eve, but we have one that Friday, which is typically a good day. We'll have family visiting from SC who have never seen us so that'll be nice. Nothing New Years. We don't try to book that date unless it's like 3-4x our regular rate. Our bass player will be out of town that week so we can't do anything even if the opportunity was there.

• Members

mstreck wrote:

Unless something changes, this will be the first year since we started actively gigging that we are not scheduled for any of those holidays. I don't like it - not one bit.

We're not booked for any of them, but that's by design.  If the right gig (ie high paying) comes along for Halloween or Thanksgiving Evel, we'll take it.  But I'd rather be the drunk **** in the crowd on those nights (especially NYE).

• Members

We have 2 halloween gigs: Oct 26th & Nov 1st. we were offered oct 25th but turned it down cuz I am throwing a party that night for family, friends band mates and fans that are friends. 

Thanksgiving eve is also filled. NYE is not. We had an offer but it was VERY low. We may just stay home. 

Archived