Trumpet or Clarinet AND your own studio?

Potts

• Members

Does anyone here fit that description? I'm looking for one or the other for a tune for my disc. I'd send you the bed tracks and have you go to town with the song. Sorry if this seems up front- I'm having a difficult time finding a good player and I'm just tossing this out thee.

Thanks!

• Members

Fwiw, you are more likely to find an accomplished doubler on flute/sax/clarinet than trumpet...as trumpet and clarinet have almost nothing in common in terms of technique.

Depending what sound you're going for, a soprano sax might interest you. Forget KennyG when considering the instrument, the range of sounds is very wide, look up Petite Fleur by Sidney Bechey for the other (mind blowing) end of the spectrum.

• Members

wesg wrote:

Fwiw, you are more likely to find an accomplished doubler on flute/sax/clarinet than trumpet...as trumpet and clarinet have almost nothing in common in terms of technique.

Depending what sound you're going for, a soprano sax might interest you. Forget KennyG when considering the instrument, the range of sounds is very wide, look up Petite Fleur by Sidney Bechey for the other (mind blowing) end of the spectrum.

Thanks pal... I'm not totally sure what I'm looking for but I have it down to those two.  So I didn;t mean to imply that they'd be related as musicians.  ;)

Yeah Soprano sax wouldn't do it...it's an old ragtime type of feel.

Archived