Should I believe him?

jeff42

• Members

somebody over the weekend told me they are family friends with taylor swift and that he knows she would just LOVE the band and the spin we put on things. I decided that it is too random of a statement to be a lie and gave him an ostrich hat business card. I said, "Next time you are hangin' out with her take a pic with her and the card and tag the Ostrich Hat FB page. Ahh the people we meet! Let's see if he proves me wrong.

• Moderators

Even if it's true, even if it is not exaggerated, and even if Swifty dug your unique take on things... How can that help you? Is she going to start mentioning you in her interviews? Wear your t-shirt on her next album cover? Want you to open for her next tour? Is she gonna cover your originals? Maybe she's looking for a new boyfriend?

Let it pass through and out of mind like the meaningless vapor that it is.

• Members

It's probably not a complete fabrication but Taylor swift probably works 16 hours a day 7 days a week and even if he says something to her there's no way you (or any band) will get enough time to make a difference. It has nothing to do with you it's just that's the nature of the business.

• Members

I don't expect much (or anything) it was just a fun way to amuse myself. He was VERY adamant about how crazy she would go over us. LOL Just though you guys would get a kick out of it. Its more of a "BOY! the people we meet" kind of thing ya know?

• Members

I don't know about him, but my Father was Arnold Palmer's pilot for 2 years in the 60s. Taylor Swift is going to have friends. (I've never seen Arnie live, but I did see the inside of his Areo Commander that Dad flew. I was a teenager at the time. Not a good time to have your Father's job go out every weekend.)

• Members

I always get that fan who asks why we aren't playing at "X or Y" club (one of the hotter 'A' clubs in the area), and when I state that were trying to get in, but it's not easy.. and that fan will always then claiim "oh I know the owner(s).. I can get you in there"..

Alrighty then!  Here's my card, (I'm sure I won't ever see you or hear from you ever again)... and so far, it's true... just people making noise.

• Moderators

Guido asked:

"BTW...when you write lyrics like that, are you just writing the lyrics? Or do you have a melody and/or chord structure you're writing as well?"

When I write lyrics first which is the case here, I've usually got a melodic rhythm in mind that guides the flow and a dummy pitch melody that gets either refined or replaced as I get further along. As I work out the lyric, things start coming together in my head, just the basic act of writing a 2nd verse forces me to mentally construct a rhythmic skeleton that'll work for V1 and V2 both.

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

Even if it's true, even if it is not exaggerated, and even if Swifty dug your unique take on things... How can that help you? Is she going to start mentioning you in her interviews? Wear your t-shirt on her next album cover? Want you to open for her next tour? Is she gonna cover your originals? Maybe she's looking for a new boyfriend?

Let it pass through and out of mind like the meaningless vapor that it is.

yeah, pretty much this. Pretty common stuff. Once in a while it has been real. Mostly just people feeling the need to look "bigger" in the world.

Archived