Presonus for the win!!!

mstreck

• Members

We got to use our new Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 last night and it was as if we had an entirely new sound system. I never thought our PA would/could sound that good. I wish we were able to purchase one of these months ago!

If you are considering one, I highly recommend taking the plunge! Since the new AI versions came out, the original Studiolives have undergone pretty drastic price reductions. I got mine for 50% off of MSRP through Sweetwater. 

Next step: in-ears all around!!!!

• Members

joshmac wrote:

Yeah, man. We played through one of these last weekend and it sounded glorious. The dude was running it from the crowd with an ipad, it was pretty next level

We had ours setup to do the same. Our soundman was definitely enjoying the freedom. On my side, I can't get over how awesome it was being able to control my monitor mix using my iPhone.

• Members

I've been using my 24.4.2 for 2 and a half years now. I always get lots of compliments. Last night I did sound for 3 bands. One band had a spouse with them. He said he had seen the band over 20 times and this was hands down the best they had sounded.

That was last night. Tonight I'm providing sound and lights for a seniors fundraiser with a band. Remote mixing again.

I love it!

• Members

Video from last night. It was nice seeing the seniors all having a good time! It was a fundraiser for seniors housing. Great band, great cause. I gave them a $200 fundraiser discount. The crowd was motley seniors, with others as well. $60/plate. They threw in 4 tickets, to give to my parents and a couple of their friends. It was a really great time. Fun seeing all the seniors up dancing. My parents had a rare occasion to see what I do. They said later they felt awkward watching me snort some blow off a hookers ass, but it is what it is.

Haha kidding. It was fun, the band was easy to work with and they enjoyed their mix as well. The organizers were really happy that almost everyone stayed until the end. These are 60, 70, 80 year kids we are talking about.

Had a nice mix, I made sure I wasn't blowing everyone away, and that you could hear the vocals well. I was too sick leading up to really do anything with the lights so I just keep it simple.

Video:

The last song of the night. He gave me a nice shout out which is always nice!

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I've been using my 24.4.2 for 2 and a half years now. I always get lots of compliments. Last night I did sound for 3 bands. One band had a spouse with them. He said he had seen the band over 20 times and this was hands down the best they had sounded.

That was last night. Tonight I'm providing sound and lights for a seniors fundraiser with a band. Remote mixing again.

I love it!

Wonder how often it sounds better because it's not as loud as when they run their own sound? My band played a club with their own sound engineer and I will say what I heard onstage was just fine. It was also 10 dbc lower than the level my bandmates have been forcing on me. Our constant audience member who attended the show said it was like listening to a different band. (All good.) And he could even hear the conversation two tables away from him. (Again, had to be much lower volume.) This isn't the MRX 515s being run at the limiters. (200 watts a cabinet - about 120 dbc splash.) In the last two months I haven't heard anyone tell someone else to turn down. Only turn up. There's something wrong in that. (I did warn them not to mess with the sound guy. They left him alone and things went well. Thanks Stu. Great job.)

Archived