Kramerguy

• Members

I got this, and it's so incredible, that I just had to share! :smileystatic:

BATTLE OF THE BANDS (2013)

APPLICATION/PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT

DATE OF APPLICATION:

APPLICATION DUE DATE: 10/27/2013

$50.00 APPLICATION FEE/DEPOSIT ATTACHED: CHECK CASH MONEY ORDER

CHECKS/MONEY ORDERS MADE PAYABLE TO: (Venue)

GENERAL INFO:

OFFICIAL NAME OF BAND:

PRIMARY BAND CONTACT: PH#

MAILING ADDRESS:

MUSIC GENRE/TYPE PLAYED:

LIST BAND MEMBERS: LENGTH OF TIME PLAYING TOGETHER:

1 AGE:

2 AGE:

3 AGE:

4 AGE:

5 AGE: (USE BACK OF FORM FOR ADDTL

• Members

wheresgrant3 wrote:

Awesome.... how about we have a Battle of the Promoters. LOL They front $5K each to sponsor a battle of the bands contest... the bands each get paid a fee. The promoter sells tickets. Whoever sells the most tickets wins a trophy and gets to keep their cash. LOL

Hahaha.... that is pretty funny.  I think it would be a great craigslist post.  What about Battle of the Bars?  "XYZ Band is proud to announced the first annual battle of the bars.  All bars are welcome to participate as long as they complete the application and pay the associated fee ($50).  The winner will get XYZ for a Fri-Sat night with the agreed upon fee as noted on the application."

• Members

Haha, classic! winner gets their ticket responsibility back. Everyone else pays the promoter $400. That is unbelievable. Depending on where it is a number of high school bands will likely sign up. And there will be sponsors, because the $8,000 minimum won't quite do it.

This reminds me of a lot of bills around here- get a headliner with a larger guarantee than they warrant, book a dozen local bands, call it a festival, then charge extra for the other 11 bands to cover the stupid guarantee. Or just to line your pockets with it. Repeat three times in the cities an hour away from each other.

Archived