Really fixed this time. Post your unrehearsed clips of your band here.

SeeU 22

• Members

I think I got it this time.

In response to the discussion about band rehearsal in the Audition thread I thought I would start a new thread for you to post you stories of throw together bands, cold call subs, etc. Post clips if you can.

I'll start. Local female singer calls me looking for a back up band for a benefit she is doing. I called up a few musician buddies and put this together. We did a ten song set with one rehearsal, primarily to work out who was going to cover which harmony, does the keyboard player cover the fiddle part or should I do it on the guitar, etc. 

Here is a quick video clip. Excuse the audio it is slightly out of synch and the camera mix isn't the greatest.

I filled in with a buddies band once as well. I had seen them play a couple of times, so I was somewhat familiar with the setlist. He called me on a Monday to say that their guitar player had bailed on them and the needed a sub for the Saturday. He sent me a recent video of their show. Most of the stuff was classic rock and country. I was gig ready for the saturday with all the guitar parts learned as well as the harmony vocals their guitar player did.

The video was a huge help as  I was able to see who was playing what, etc.

Neil

• Members

SeeU 22 wrote:

I think I got it this time.

In response to the discussion about band rehearsal in the Audition thread I thought I would start a new thread for you to post you stories of throw together bands, cold call subs, etc. Post clips if you can.

I'll start. Local female singer calls me looking for a back up band for a benefit she is doing. I called up a few musician buddies and put this together. We did a ten song set with one rehearsal, primarily to work out who was going to cover which harmony, does the keyboard player cover the fiddle part or should I do it on the guitar, etc. 

Here is a quick video clip. Excuse the audio it is slightly out of synch and the camera mix isn't the greatest.

I filled in with a buddies band once as well. I had seen them play a couple of times, so I was somewhat familiar with the setlist. He called me on a Monday to say that their guitar player had bailed on them and the needed a sub for the Saturday. He sent me a recent video of their show. Most of the stuff was classic rock and country. I was gig ready for the saturday with all the guitar parts learned as well as the harmony vocals their guitar player did.

The video was a huge help as  I was able to see who was playing what, etc.

Neil

Which Neil are you? LOL

Sounds great man! Band is solid, all together on the changes. She's cute. A little country pumpkin! The best part of the video.... she thanks the band backing her. All class! Cool finally seeing you on video. 

• Members

I've posted this before in a previous thread. One of the new songs our new singer brought in with him to this band was 'Suit & Tie" which he performs with the USMA Military Jazz band. We had a week to learn and arrange this tune. I'll admit it made two rehearsals. If you are familar with the original album track there are alot of similarities and differences. The whole Pink Floydesque bridge we came up with on the fly at rehearsal. This is  mellow song for sure so I'm not sure we'll keep it in the niteclub setlist. 

Archived