Chili Peppers faked Playing At half time - Epic TGP Meltdown Thread

tacdryver

• Members

Ok,

Help me out. I think it's beyond sad that supposedly professional acts aren't evidently trusted to sing or play one friggin song. Really?

Is music, or musicians, or something so bad now, that in order to guarantee a performance, that everyone HAS to lip sync and air guitar.

Not buying it. I might concede that down at the bottom of the list The Peppers got the call and the Bowl Committe saw a bunch of tatted out drug using punkers and said 'tracks, don't let them get near a microphone or amp'.

Anyway, all the pussies on TGP are supporting these guys. Faking it is the new standard now.

• Members

It's the Super Bowl. 

They have 10 minutes to roll out a stage for a 15 minute giant show watched by millions that they need to sound perfect.  

Is there anyone who ever THOUGHT they played these shows live?   Especially other musicians who should at least have a clue about what would go into pulling one of these shows off successfully?

I thought Flea's explanation for it summed it up pretty nicely.   

If you don't like those shows, I guess that'd be a good time to go take a piss next year?

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/454-a-message-from-flea

• Members

guido61 wrote:

It's the Super Bowl. 

They have 10 minutes to roll out a stage for a 15 minute giant show watched by millions that they need to sound perfect.  

Is there anyone who ever THOUGHT they played these shows live?   Especially other musicians who should at least have a
clue
about what would go into pulling one of these shows off successfully?

I thought Flea's explanation for it summed it up pretty nicely.   

If you don't like those shows, I guess that'd be a good time to go take a piss next year?

I agree with everyth that Flea said... and if I were playing in a band 31 years young, toured the world several times and a multitude of fans and accolades under my belt I would have done the same. 

At least they didn't download a track from iTunes performed by someone else. LOL. 

• Members

Flea 'splained it all.  It adds up.  The crux of it is technical-there's no way in the world to get all of those instruments miced up and patched into a snake that quickly.  There's no way in the world to get it all un-patched and taken down in time.  With temperature dropping by the minute you can be sure the guitars would not stay in tune.  Rock stars are not magicians.  RHCP did their thing well and didn't let anybody down. 

The real musical travesty was the choice of artist to sing the national anthem.  That warble-fest was gruesome.  Opera, my undies.  I've heard the national anthem intrepreted many ways, but that was the worst one yet.  Sometimes going high-brow is just a new spin on The Emperor's New Clothes. 

Archived