Where is everyone?

Heg666

• Members

So - i left and came back a while ago - where IS everyone these days? I know with the 'new' forum a lot of people left - any idea's where they all went? Is there a BSWTB volume 2.0 out there somewhere? This place is a ghost town!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I used to come here more often back from '97-'07 or so. The 'new' forum really did kill 75% or more of the regulars, but I mostly stopped coming daily because I generally browse here during work and back then I had boring tech support jobs with downtime. Now I'm higher up the chain and am always busy. I still play in the same coverband as 10 years ago, still chase gear and tone, just don't get to chat about it as much!

Also, it's kind of lonely in here too :(

• Members
I used to come here more often back from '97-'07 or so. The 'new' forum really did kill 75% or more of the regulars, but I mostly stopped coming daily because I generally browse here during work and back then I had boring tech support jobs with downtime. Now I'm higher up the chain and am always busy. I still play in the same coverband as 10 years ago, still chase gear and tone, just don't get to chat about it as much!

Also, it's kind of lonely in here too :(

It's been about four years since the last time I was here. It's really dropped off a cliff. I'm going to go check out the off topic forums.

• 10 months later...
  • Members
Maybe nobody plays in bands much anymore? :idk:

I actually needed a break from that myself, it took a while for my replacement to appear but now I'm just performing in a duo with my wife. Low stress, low pay, less equipment, less gigs; it's working for me!

Edited by ggm1960
  • Like 1

• Members

A lot of people play in the bands. The problem is they use Facebook for a lot of things. It's weird as it's affected a lot of online message boards. Facebook is really clunky to use. Even all the Hammond Leslie Speaker technicians post on Facebook and it's a bitch to have to drill down into threads to get stuff. I don't get the appeal actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm still here. I check in almost every day.

I don't understand it but this is the first I've seen of this thread - 7 days later. I clean my cache, clear my cookies, and put the computer to bed every night so I don't think the trouble is on my end.

I won't do Facebook. I know a lot of people that do, but I will not participate or let a company profit by my posts that uses the information the gleaned from user's likes and by reading their posts to spread fraudulent news (I don't call fraud fake news) to throw a US presidential or congressional election. Whether it is for the candidate I like or dislike these are not my personal values, and I cannot in clear conscience aid and abet that behavior.

Thanks to FB, this is not the only forum that has turned into a ghost town.

Insights and incites by Notes

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It's true a lot of my interests showed up in different message boards as I said. I still have to use Facebook especially this time of year with summer gigs. I think this could still be a vibrant forum unless guys figure out we have talked about everything musically. There used to be a ton of traffic here and things got heated years ago between members. I miss parts of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

im still here! part of the problem may have been the sign in missing and part of the problem was not finding users email or usermame login appears to have been corrected 
user reviews werean important feature of thus forum but the mfgs didnot want them but they were useful to musicians lets get them bac and find all those user names and user email logins 

2 hours ago, happwith12strin said:

im still here! part of the problem may have been the sign in missing and part of the problem was not finding users email or usermame login appears to have been corrected 
user reviews werean important feature of thus forum but the mfgs didnot want them but they were useful to musicians lets get them bac and find all those user names and user email logins 

User reviews still exist. We have no plans to do away with them. There is a link to them on the menu bar (next to the Forums link) near the top of the page...

https://www.harmonycentral.com/reviews/

The password retrieval / reset should work now too, as long as you still have access to the email address we have on file / that was used when you signed up.

Anyone having a hard time getting logged in with their old account can create a new one, then send me a PM with your old info and I’ll help get things restored for you.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...