Updated band website

• Members

The band website and photos were getting VERY stale. Served us well for quite a few years but were in major need of an overhaul. Especially since formatting such things for mobile platforms is more of a concern these days than on desktop. Then there is all this new stuff to keep up with as far as integrating everything with Facebook and Instagram in order to get the most from the SEO. Seems the days of stapling flyers to telephone polls are long gone! (well, at least for the market we are trying to reach...)

Still always a work in progress, but here's what we are running with now! I'm pretty satisfied with the look and operation of it overall.

Next up: time for some new video content! Seems the cycle is never ending.

https://www.jumpstartyourparty.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Looks really good - I love the fun energy of the pictures. That looked like a great photoshoot! Only criticism? I think you need a new logo. Its a bit "flat" IMO , especially contrasted with the energy and fun your band projects.

Also I am not sure if this is a typo in your bio:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]"it is his palette of sounds that take the JumpStart shows from classic rock to modern dance pop with seamless precious![/TD]

[TD]"[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Is precious the right word there?

• Members
Looks really good - I love the fun energy of the pictures. That looked like a great photoshoot! Only criticism? I think you need a new logo. Its a bit "flat" IMO , especially contrasted with the energy and fun your band projects.

Also I am not sure if this is a typo in your bio:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]"it is his palette of sounds that take the JumpStart shows from classic rock to modern dance pop with seamless precious![/TD]

[TD]"[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Is precious the right word there?

haha! good catch! How the heck did I mess THAT up? A spell check thing maybe? lol I'll fix that ASAP! thanks!

On the logo---yeah, I hear what you're saying. But man, we have a lot of time and everything else invested in that: Drum head, business cards, banners, etc etc. But I appreciate the criticism and will be looking at the logo more critically as we go forward.

• Members

You're quite welcome. I have done lots of sites - and done all the marketing material for all the bands I have been in so I kind of have an eye for things - and am also a grammar nazi LOL

I get that its now an expensive and non-trivial exercise to change the logo. Banners in particular (you have multiple?) would be pricey, but I think it is at odds visually with the rest of the look you now have. How long have you had the current logo?

• Members
You're quite welcome. I have done lots of sites - and done all the marketing material for all the bands I have been in so I kind of have an eye for things - and am also a grammar nazi LOL

I get that its now an expensive and non-trivial exercise to change the logo. Banners in particular (you have multiple?) would be pricey, but I think it is at odds visually with the rest of the look you now have. How long have you had the current logo?

We’ve had the logo for 8-9 years now.

I also just have no idea what we’d do differently or better?

We have one banner that we don’t really use. We usually projexf the logo up on a screen behind us.

• Members

I also just have no idea what we’d do differently or better?

There is no right answer. I have never hired a designer to do this but it might be an option. I tend to like to incorporate something from the name - or the meaning/inspiration of the name - into the logo itself..

So for Jump Start, that comes from jump starting a car right? But you are jumpstarting a party. I would start with the notion of including booster cables somehow perhaps? Often ideas flow out of one another.

Below is a redesign I did of my current band's logo.The old one was literally orange lettering i a certain font with the band name.

In the redesign I the side of the H into a ruler and made the i' into a the icon of a person., We are an 80s band so I also went with a more 80s color scheme and mixed the colors.

The 3rd image is from the band previous to that. I have no recollection how or why we came up with The Shiitakes except we thought it would be funny to say we were a bunch of "fun guys". I stylized the "T" to make it a mushroom LOL

452870b20ef10c4a5f15109886d5ebf3.png.945f2e7ddafec52c8a65cf14830a698d.png

5b70c8b69fca7a6be9b87a3406248a15.jpg.0d9ad78772d3eecda42e1b37ac9e354c.jpg

• Members

There is no right answer. I have never hired a designer to do this but it might be an option. I tend to like to incorporate something from the name - or the meaning/inspiration of the name - into the logo itself..

So for Jump Start, that comes from jump starting a car right? But you are jumpstarting a party. I would start with the notion of including booster cables somehow perhaps? Often ideas flow out of one another.

Below is a redesign I did of my current band's logo.The old one was literally orange lettering i a certain font with the band name.

In the redesign I the side of the H into a ruler and made the i' into a the icon of a person., We are an 80s band so I also went with a more 80s color scheme and mixed the colors.

The 3rd image is from the band previous to that. I have no recollection how or why we came up with The Shiitakes except we thought it would be funny to say we were a bunch of "fun guys". I stylized the "T" to make it a mushroom LOL

nice logos!

Yep, ideas flow out of another.

With our logo, we started with the idea of booster cables and tried a few attempts with that and also tried things with lightening bolts. I rejected those ideas as a little too obvious and redundant (the name already is 'jump start', so why show something being 'jump started'?) and decided that I wanted the logo to reflect the RESULT of your party having been jumpstarted by the band, hence the silhouetted dancers. I also wanted something that would quickly visually indicate that we were a band (again hence the dancers) without something as cliche in the logo as musical instruments or notes.

As far as the lettering goes, we played with various fonts and that was the one I liked best. I wanted to spell the name as one word with two capital letters-- JumpStart -- just to give it something unique since it's a pretty common phrase otherwise. So that's how we got to one word in white and the other in black. Then I decided I wanted the last "T" to come down and match the "J' because it looked unbalanced to me to leave it short, but was unable to do it without making the whole letter slightly bigger than the others, which has always bugged me that we didn't get it perfect. lol.

Archived