No announcement yet.

name the bands/albums that inspired you to write your own music

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name the bands/albums that inspired you to write your own music

for me its Van halen, Kiss, Metallica, led zeppelin, ac/dc. any riff oriented bands changed my life. also joe satriani, steve vai, santana for the instrumental rock stuff.

I don't consider myself a composer. (see following) These guys fuel my creativity in all kinds of ways

Bach Beethoven Brahms Chopin Hindemith Stravinsky Holst Schubert Mahler Copland Bernstein Haydn Mozart Lauridsen Tchaikovsky Prokofiev Ravel numerous jazz composer/arrangers numerous rock/prog/fusionjazz guitarists drummers violinists brass woodwind bassists piano/keys/percussion singers and another page full of names.
    Um... yeah that's it.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

My biggest inspiration are Iron Maiden and Therion. It´s strange combination, isn´t it? And my music unite these two music styles at one. Strange or interesting? You have to wait a couple of months to release my first solo album, which will include these songs.

Comment

Two bands that really inspired me to write my own music were Aerosmith and Evanescence. I have many, many, more influences now, but those were the first ones, and yes that is an odd combination. I wanted my songs to groove like Aerosmith but at the same time have the dark hard rock lyrical poetry characteristic of Ev.

Comment

Jethro Tull, Crest of a Knave. Also, Broadsword and the Beast.
          http://thekiltlifters.com

Comment

Rush
            Led Zep
            Pink Floyd
            Iron Maiden
            Metallica
            Spiral Beach (nobody ever heard of them, but damn good songwriting, now defunct)
            Epihpone LP and Dot.
            Fender American Strat HSS
            (Loaner) Viking Pillager 60w combo (best amp in the friggin world!)
            Blackstar Stage-100 Head, 2x12 Blackstar Cab
            Marshall 4x10 Cab
            Pedals, pedals, and more pedals. Favs include Strymon Mobius, MXR Super Badass, Digitech Supernatural Reverb, Xotic BB, MXR Carbon Copy.-

Comment

Elton John "Honky Chateau".
              Utopia "Utopia"
              Prince "1999"

Comment

Working...
              X