Oy Vey

RoadRanger

• Members

Monday I agreed to a fill-in gig then yesterday I jammed/kindof-auditioned with some very real-gig-connected cats - so now I'm in 9 projects, five with gigs on the books or real gigging potential. Plus the fill-in. A combination of bass players being in demand again and that I've (hopefully ;) ) gotten good :D - two of these projects have Berkeley level players and a third just a step down from that - and a fourth going in to record originals next month. Problem is I enjoy all 9 - but two are easy-outs so that leaves 7 to prioritize - Oy Vey facepalm.gif.

• Members
Hope you aren't married. That's crazy. One band is good enough for me. Though with my sound company I'm booking into sept right now.

Married, youngest rugrat (#3) just turned 7, oldest 31. I'm semi-retired, wife's got the job with insurance smiley-frustrated and someone has to be home during the day for #3 and to chase the squirrels out ;) . I'd cut back on sound gigs to the one group of pros - and ruined that by joining up last night on bass LOL. To tell you the truth I was too often made to feel like I was ripping the musicians off and/or treated like a hired servant even when cutting them a huge break by doing a cut deal.

• Members

You have some serious good things happening. I've decided to hold at two viable bands at a time.

Currently I'm playing bass in one, the other I'm playing keys. The combination is a good thing because I don't play bass without a reason to. It's just not fun to play alone for me. Keys, I don't really need anyone else to have fun.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well that new "connected" thang crashed'n'burned. I've known the BL for a few years - long enough to know better, 'nuff said :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.

Guess they don't screen them Berkeley guys for bat guano crazy either LOL.

Maybe I'll start asking potential bandmates for something certifying them as in good mental health - but can't say I've met many that are LOL.

C'est la vie :rastaphil:. Got learned a bunch of new tunes that I might need over half of in the future :philthumb:

Fill-in gig went OK, might lead to some OK $$$ winery and such duo gigs.

So, back to a more sane load of one originals project, one gigging band, one close-to-gigging band (cohosting an open mic tomorrow), and a couple of basement jams that maybe gig a backyard a couple times a year.

But, now I'm seriously (George ;) ) Jonesin' for a country project. Yehaw :cool11:.

Archived