Budda Superdrive 18

• Members

Lately I've been on a bit of a "tone-quest" with my amps. I have acquired both a HotRod III and a AC15c1,both re-tubed with JJ's and the Fender saw a speaker replacement. Now I have my eye on a Budda Superdrive 18 and wondering if there are any users out there ? I will admit, I'm a bit of a gear-whore but I actually use my gear, not just look at it. Budda fans....................what can you tell me ?

• Members

I have this amp and I love it. It is my go to amp and over time I have sold off all my others. When I gig in a bar, I use a Line6 floorboard for ease and convenience. But when I really want it to feel and sound amazing, it's my Budda. Just the best sounding amp there is, in my opinion.

Obviously it isn't designed to be a Metal beast or to give you the cleanest Fender cleans. It sits more in the Marshall kind of space, but with a tone that to me is the best out there.

Obviously this is all subjective.

I also had a V Series one for a while, but I couldn't get a good clean sound out of it and I thought the dirty sound was too flubby. If that makes any sense. I tried to like it, but ultimately, I just didn't.

The Budda Superdrive 18 is where it's at for a low-watt tube amplifier.

• Members

If you'll excuse the poor songwriting and lousy voice, all the guitar except the acoustic are recorded through my Budda. Gives you a sample of a couple different cleans and a couple different overdrive sounds. Play the hi-fi version and use headphones unless your computer has good speakers.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7374003

Archived