Audio editing software

trevcda

• Members

I'm looking for some basic audio editing software that will allow me to bring in several tracks and crossfade 20-30 second clips for a master track for an EPK. The ability to do some basic video (pics and/or text) with the master track would be a great bonus.

• Members

I've always been a fan of Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It will do up to 10 audio tracks and 10 video tracks. And you can do a lot of audio editing as well. Kind of backwards from what you're talking about, since it's obviously more of a video program, but check out the demo version and see if it might work for what you need for an EPK. It runs about 50 bucks if you decide to purchase it.

• Members

Thanks for the recommendation. Patience never being a virtue of mine, I found this to get the audio portion done:

http://audio-joiner.com/ . It allows you to bring in tracks and choose a point to bring in and fade out a section. Once you've got the points selected, hit "JOIN" and it stitches them all together with nice, neat little fades that you can download as an MP3. This one is free and done online, with apparently nothing more to purchase. A great little tool which I can see using again.

I then used Kizoa to put a slide show to accompany the soundtrack. Has the typical text, transition and effects you would expect to see. This one is online. And free.... Sort of. It will let you spend hours putting together exactly what you need. It's only when you go to save it and download it that it will let you know that you have to spend anywhere from $40 to $140 dollars to do anything but put it on Youtube with their name plastered across the finished product. It worked for what I needed it to do at the time, but I'm thinking I probably go with the Vegas suite in the future. I think I've used it in the past for previous projects on a different computer.

• Members
How many audio tracks can you work with with WMM? I thought it was limited to only one or two' date=' but maybe they've expanded that with recent updates?[/quote']Actually many are using the older version as the latest has some severe shortcomings. Google a bit if you are interested.

Archived