Checked Out The Space Norman's Band!

ggm1960

• Members

We were taking a short vacation in the Detroit area May 7-10 and I had the opportunity to see Space Norman's All Stars Of Rock group. It was very entertaining and they sounded really good. It was a really nice place, they had a great crowd and the reaction was really enthusiastic. We had the chance to chat for a while on break and he was the same down to earth common sense guy I've come to expect from his posts here. I took a few photos and a video which I'd post here if he gives me the go ahead. It's always really cool to be able to meet someone you've known from internet forums!

It would have been great to hang around longer but we needed to get up and check out the next morning so we left while they were into the second set. Next day we traveled north to the upper peninsula and then back west around Lake Michigan and stayed one more night in Escanaba, MI before returning to Iowa.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Wow ... it's been awhile since I've been on the forum - so seeing this thread was a nice surprise! Greg - it was good to meet you and your wife back in May! That was a first time I've ever met a forum friend "in person"! Thanks for coming out - and for the kind review! It sounds like the rest of your vacation turned out well. You can't go wrong with a trip along the Great Lakes!

I've really dialed back my music forum participation these last couple of months. Music has been a little slow for me lately. Both of my bands have been in a bit of a lull ... a couple of band mates have been dealing with health issues, the bass player in one project moved (retired) to Tennessee. Nothing dramatic ... just part of the usual ebb and flow of band life.

Personally, my head has been elsewhere too. My wife and I recently purchased our "retirement home" - and we've been trying to using it as much as we possibly can. We've been out with it almost every weekend since taking possession the very last weekend in March. Here's a pic taken during an early trip back in April.

The summer "concert in the park" season is about to get rolling for both of my projects ... so it's about time to start paying a little more attention to music.

IMG_0455_zpsc92bqvcc.jpg

• Members
Nice ride!!

Thanks! My wife and I have been enjoying the hell out of it.

One of my music projects just finalized a booking for an out of town wedding for this September. It's up in a favorite vacation destination. After a little looking, I've confirmed that my entire keyboard rig will fit one of the storage compartments on the underside of the coach and that the reception venue has sufficient space in the parking lot to accommodate my motor coach. For the first time ever in the 30+ years I've been doing the band thing - I'm gonna have my own private tour bus! :D

• Members

That is a really nice looking motor home! I do remember you were talking about retirement plans. Sounds like the band business still holds promise for you. Been real busy lately over here too, lots of high paying outdoor gigs!

I had a video of your band doing the Tom Jones song I'll see if it uploads directly here....

edit 2: No that's not going to work, why don't I send it to you if you've got a space that can accommodate a 271mb .mov file from my iphone. Message me.

edit 3: Looks like I can upload to your band's FB page, doing it now.

Archived