Should I start placing my articles directly into this forum?

• CMS Author

What do all of you think about the idea of placing 'The Gig Kahuna' directly in this forum? Since I can't get any answers from anyone as far as what's going on with HC/GC, I've been thinking of doing this until I do get answers. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!

• Members

Frankly I'd solicit other outlets. At this point, why would you want to contribute free content here. This place is that bar on the wrong side of the tracks that wants you to play for a pitcher of beer and exposure. The beer is stale, and the 5 regulars at the bar is the exposure. All that's left here are the long timers willing to put up with this lunacy. See if you can move up the food chain to a more legit operation where you'll at least get some respect for your contributions. Not to mention a bigger audience.

• CMS Author
Frankly I'd solicit other outlets. At this point, why would you want to contribute free content here. This place is that bar on the wrong side of the tracks that wants you to play for a pitcher of beer and exposure. The beer is stale, and the 5 regulars at the bar is the exposure. All that's left here are the long timers willing to put up with this lunacy. See if you can move up the food chain to a more legit operation where you'll at least get some respect for your contributions. Not to mention a bigger audience.

But I don't know where else to contribute. I've tried a lot of them. Any ideas?

• Members

This place could serve a purpose as far as getting helpful feedback on your articles but other than that I don't know. Your target market seems to be younger groups that are looking to do original music with an eye on touring and launching a music career, whereas here the focus may be more on making a buck doing covers although still with a quality group (and hopefully having a good time). But I have not read enough of your writing to know that, so apologies if I'm wrong.

• Members

But I don't know where else to contribute. I've tried a lot of them. Any ideas?

There are a bunch of forums out there. If you can't get a exclusive space on them to post your musings, you can just post them in a forum as you were proposing to do here. I'd not blast all forums or multiple forums within a domain. I don't know what your motivation is, but if it's to simply to contribute to as large an audience as you can in an altruistic way, I'd tame advertising by not making direct links to your book, and pick the "biggest forum" to post in. You'll have to research what that might be. After a few you may get some attention from those running the forum and may score your own sub-forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived