how to unfreeze my gig gear

J.Paul

• Members

According to the internet (which NEVER lies), you can safely thaw an electronic device by sealing it in an airtight bag outside before bringing it into a warmer environment. You'll also want to trap some cold air in the bag as well. The cold air contains virtually no humidity or moisture, so no condensation will form as the electronics warm to room temperature. And once they reach room temperature, you can open the bag since condensation is no longer a concern.

http://windowssecrets.com/langalist-...n-electronics/

• Members
So I've left my TC Helicon in the car and we have an ice storm here in Nashville.

Bad move

Any advice for thawing it out safely?

Is there, like, actually any significant frost on it? If not, I'd just leave it at room temperature for like 12 hours and it should sort itself out.

Has worked for me in the past, anyway.

• Members
So I've left my TC Helicon in the car and we have an ice storm here in Nashville.

Bad move

Any advice for thawing it out safely?

Paul I used to leave my gear in the truck all the time in Alaska. Just bring it inside, let it warm up and turn it on. Anyway, that's what I did! :)

Sounds like you got some nice stuff going on in Nashville since I left! Good for you man!

• Members

Paul I used to leave my gear in the truck all the time in Alaska. Just bring it inside, let it warm up and turn it on. Anyway, that's what I did! :)

Sounds like you got some nice stuff going on in Nashville since I left! Good for you man!

yeah man ~ hit or miss here

hope you're well bro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

bring up to room temp slowly, and if it is a sensitive electronic, put it in a bag with uncooked white rice... the best thing for absorbing moisture and condensation next to silica... and cheaper. often works for cell phones dropped in the water also.

Archived