Just for fun! Post your shaky non-promo live videos here!

• Members

[video=youtube;kGyZqMLHWgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyZqMLHWgI

A clip I recorded a week ago with a band playing "Amos Moses". I recorded from stage while playing (sparsely) with the other hand- I guess keyboard players are the only ones who can get away with that! At least I do.

In my opinion, musicians are too selective about what they share even with friends, about showing things that reveal they are less than perfect. I think that's BS. GIVE IT UP!

• Members

NIce! Fun stuff! I like that.

I agree some people are too selective. And/or critical. Although I have to admit there have been times when I've had 2nd thoughts about posting some of the "not for public consumption" videos I've posted here before. Especially if it's stuff I'm pretty sure the other band members wouldn't really like me sharing with people.

I haven't done much self-recording vids lately. Don't have too many songs where I have a hand free these days.

But here's a couple of random, not for promo use, live shaky-phone vids to share:

[video=youtube;pxydN-Ogyv8]

[video=youtube;FrBQ1oeWNNI]

• Members
Good stuff David! I'd be proud of those girls too! Nailed the Journey synth brass sound' date=' BTW. [/quote']

LOL....you can actually hear the patch through that? You have better ears than I have! Sounds too clinky to me on that recording.

Problem with the on-stage recordings is we have no real stage volume to speak of. Everything is direct. Other than the drums and a small guitar amp. So it's all the crappy "behind the speakers" mix. You actually hear the girls singing louder from their own voices than from the PA on that clip I think.

But yeah---I'm proud of the girls. They work their asses off on stage every gig.

• Members

[video=youtube;NP7ClGnZ9lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP7ClGnZ9lg

I liked your MJ "behind the scenes" vid but I see what you are getting at so decided to go you one better (or worse). In the clip above my country band attempted the Katy Perry song "Darkhorse" and the club's 300 lb DJ offered to do the Juicy G rap. Don't ask me why the girl singer strikes a bodybuilding pose a couple seconds in, or what the hell the drummer is doing either.

RE the Journey vid, I have total hearing loss above 2k, so please disregard anything I say about how something sounds (other than the lows and mids of course, I'm VERY discriminating about those lol). But yes, I can make out those stabs.

• Members

Hey I like her stance! what else are you gonna do during that song?? And you gotta love guest rappers!

But, I think I should tell you....you're supposed to hold the phone SIDEWAY when you're shooting video.... ;)

The MJ song was fun to do, but that might have been the only time we played it. (It was a special request thing.) Too much trouble having the bass player come across stage to play bass on the keys and that song doesn't work without that key-bass sound.

Thinking about maybe getting him a small board for his side of the stage so well can do some more stuff like that though. He's not a keyboard player, but most of that stuff is pretty simple.

• Members

At least your drummer doesn't drop the beat. My drummer is a huge ham who can't stop himself from getting silly anytime someone puts a camera on him.....

Another "from the stage" shot, but nice using a better camera once in awhile...

Sarah forgets where she is in the song at about 2:25 and I don't what that idiot singing "My Sharona" has done with the lyrics.... :lol:

[video=youtube;53SuXe1GSiE]

• Members

Here's another. Total party night. Running way late. An absolute $hit show of a night. Fun as hell. 130 people there. The big boss of the whole thing started to do a little strip show. I would never show this to anyone, but what the hell.

Its ugly all around.

• Members
Here's another. Total party night. Running way late. An absolute $hit show of a night. Fun as hell. 130 people there. The big boss of the whole thing started to do a little strip show. I would never show this to anyone, but what the hell.

Its ugly all around.

I'm glad I watched that BEFORE I had my breakfast..... :lol:

• Members
Hey I like her stance! what else are you gonna do during that song?? And you gotta love guest rappers!

Ironically, the KP song with Tank the rapping DJ was the highlight of the band's tenure. It immediately got people's attention in a way nothing else did, coming to the front en masse, arms crossed, to check it out- we weren't used to "cred", ha. Point taken about holding the phone sideways. For some reason my phones quit automatically rotating after a year or so.

Stratguy22 has the right idea- "..what the hell" lol. "Give the phone to the pretty (tipsy) girl" would have been a good thread title.

• Members

Ironically, the KP song with Tank the rapping DJ was the highlight of the band's tenure. It immediately got people's attention in a way nothing else did, coming to the front en masse, arms crossed, to check it out- we weren't used to "cred", ha.

Never underestimate stage presence. It can come in all forms. Some people draw others to look at that and some don't.

Some of us are best just standing off to the side and playing the keyboards!

• Members

I'm glad I watched that BEFORE I had my breakfast..... :lol:

omg the music is so bad. My GF and our bass players wife were dancing then they seen the guy doing his little stripshow so they caught it on video. We did the song much better (first set) at another gig, so I might mix that down and swap out the audio with that one.

When the 2 girls sandwiched him they pulled up his pants so he didn't get TOO crazy haha. This is an annual thing for the province, and each year it's in a different town/city. They had so much fun they wanted to book us for next year.

The problem was, it's going to be 7 hours away from where we live, and I don't think the money would be there to make it worth while. Lol good times!

This one had a couple things going on. Our keyboard players husband has been in bands in the past. With his work schedule, sometimes he can come to gigs, sometimes not. Sometimes we get +1's (private parties, Xmas parties) sometimes not. (Usually not at weddings unless they are friends of the band)

Anyway, if her hubby ones we always get him up onstage for a few. He ususally does:

Jackson as a duet with his wife

Folsom

Sweet Caroline

He's a great guy and a lot of fun so he's always welcome when he's around. Our keyboard player is able to bang out some chords in a guitar so she sometimes picks it up. The girl with the tambourine was a random who jumped up on stage lol.

• Members

Here's another instance of a friend of mine I brought to a party, I brought a couple +1's Terra & Cass. They are both longtime friends. Terra and I usually turn up at open mics etc and jam some tunes. Cass is awesome and a budding photographer. She took some great pics/video and terra came up and sang a couple songs...

• Members

[video=youtube;c6JyH9hSPWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6JyH9hSPWc

Above is another "sliver" video of my Southern rock band where the vocals and guitar came out pretty good in the stage mix, unfortunately my keys did too (I say "unfortunately" because I had only played that song one time months before and didn't remember it much- should have put down the phone). But IMO the guy sings it and the band plays it so well I didn't even ruin it.

I think the guitar sounds great too, the guy plays through a Dr. Z 15 watt head and cab, also uses assorted pedals in a White Trash (really) pedalboard. But he told me that night he didn't like the sound of his rig there, go figure..

• Members
Never underestimate stage presence. It can come in all forms. Some people draw others to look at that and some don't.

Some of us are best just standing off to the side and playing the keyboards!

That would be me. But RE stage presence, our girl definitely had it. Some of her Miranda Lambert songs (like Hell on Heels) got a "sistahood" thing going with girls coming to the front of the stage and grooving together. But she never did any rapping, even though she was young enough to like it and claimed to be capable. Missed opportunity.

@StratGuy22, your band has some good auxillary help!

• Members

omg the music is so bad. My GF and our bass players wife were dancing then they seen the guy doing his little stripshow so they caught it on video. We did the song much better (first set) at another gig, so I might mix that down and swap out the audio with that one.

When the 2 girls sandwiched him they pulled up his pants so he didn't get TOO crazy haha. This is an annual thing for the province, and each year it's in a different town/city. They had so much fun they wanted to book us for next year.

The problem was, it's going to be 7 hours away from where we live, and I don't think the money would be there to make it worth while. Lol good times!

This one had a couple things going on. Our keyboard players husband has been in bands in the past. With his work schedule, sometimes he can come to gigs, sometimes not. Sometimes we get +1's (private parties, Xmas parties) sometimes not. (Usually not at weddings unless they are friends of the band)

Anyway, if her hubby ones we always get him up onstage for a few. He ususally does:

Jackson as a duet with his wife

Folsom

Sweet Caroline

He's a great guy and a lot of fun so he's always welcome when he's around. Our keyboard player is able to bang out some chords in a guitar so she sometimes picks it up. The girl with the tambourine was a random who jumped up on stage lol.

I thought the music was fine. It's was the visuals I found a bit...um...disturbing!!!!

just kidding, of course, It's all good. Fun stuff!

Archived