How does 2015 look?

jeff42

• Members

So as this year is coming to a close and because this forum is so dead… I figured I would post-

How is 2015 looking so far for you and your band?

For us it is looking great

(with a dash of maybe not so great tossed in)

In September we did something we should have done over a year ago. Just like we grew out of our semi-acoustic band formula we grew out of the trio format. With bigger gigs passing us up because we were a trio it was time to find an extra member.

Yes, we finally decided to stop being a trio and became a 4 man band in September. Almost immediately new doors were open for us and our schedule started filling up with bigger & better gigs.

As of right now we are booked up every weekend we want to work, as much as we want to work until mid May. And a few shows booked out until September. We had to actually had to turn down stuff and stop playing a few rooms that couldn’t afford us. They were not fun to play either so I don’t miss them. We have some great new rooms in 2015 and since September we have been booking more private, corp & weddings too!

The only thing that may put a damper on our awesome 2015 is our singer has told us a few months ago about his 2015 plans… These plans include moving about 8 hours away from us by the late spring.

2015 will be an interesting year for Ostrich Hat to say the least.

• Members

We've got more contracted bookings for next year than we usually have at this time of year, so 2015 is shaping up pretty nicely so far. Getting more repeat work and personal referrals than we've had in the past as well. Played a Xmas party last week where they booked us for next year as soon as we got off stage---that sort of thing.

I don't expect any lineup issues at the present time, so that's always good. Still have work to do with promo and such.

We've already taken a couple of bookings for 2016. At this point we're starting to take bets as to which will be the first of us to drop dead before we fulfill a contract... :lol:

• Members

We've got a few weddings on the books, Halloween & NYE are close to being booked for next year. I have some weddings as a DJ, and sound always keeps me pretty busy. 0CF93129-51CE-43A7-8EF6-FE3D631752EF.jpg I have to lock in prom for next year, it's one of my bigger sound & light gigs. I'm also helping a venue (the legion in the next town) spec out an install system. They are looking to spend $10 - $12k. They already own 3 EV ELX115p's. I say buy one more of those and use them for monitors, then a PRX rig with an X32 (as much as I'm not fond of them, I think it would work out nicely.) so basically helping them put myself out of work for them. 0CF93129-51CE-43A7-8EF6-FE3D631752EF.jpg But 0CF93129-51CE-43A7-8EF6-FE3D631752EF.jpg I'm thinking I can talk them into hiring me and my light rig to add to the shows. I could be on hand to help their guy get comfortable with the mixer, and do my thing with my light rig, which would be more fun on my end, and get the light rig out and working more. So it could work out pretty good in the long run!

• Members

2015 is looking good. One band I play in has become the unofficial house band for place with new owners. So provided their business works out, we're booked at least every month there. We have 4 weddings on the books, at least one private party, and at least two municipal events.

Between that band and my sound/light business, 2015 is looking pretty good.

• Members

So far so good ... one project just finalized a "once a month" booking for that runs thru July. I've got 2-3 weddings and a couple of private events on the books as well. Contacts made at a recent "jam session" I attended have added another 2-3 gigs to my calendar as well. Being that I typically do 50-60 gigs a year - I'm taking the 15 firm bookings that I've got on the calendar (25% of a typical year) before the 1st of the year as a good sign.

• Members

2015 is looking very good for us. Booked almost solid into september, so we can't complain at all. We too are a 3 piece band and keep tossing the idea around about adding a 4th member. We just released our first original album and had a 4th person play on it with us. It has been really well around thearea. We must be lucky, because having 3 people has not kept us from getting big gigs at all. We thought maybe it would, but we have gotten some of the bigger events around the area and the fact that we are a three piece has never been an issue. So, at this time...... our plan is to remain as is for 2015. It has worked great so far ! If it ain't broke....... ;)

• Members

Surprisingly, several new venues have opened up, including one being bought out (that we used to play at) that has re-invested in live music, Things are looking to be much more active in 2015 than they were in 2014. This might be the first year post-2000 I could actually say that.

• Members

I am still nada for a band and that's ok. Its really nice to just be retired. I am in the woodshed working on thing that I never had time to mess around with. I dug out the guitars the other day and started playing some after 5 years away from it. Try to put in some time on keys, and explore some of the features that to be honest I was just too damb busy playing the thing to get into the subtle things. You guys have a merry Christmas and a good 2015. Mid 70s and sunny here in the tip of texas ,, ho ho ho

Archived