Short Promo Video

jeff42

• Members

We have a private gig (college reunion) coming up and they asked us for a video to share with the guests. So here is something I banged together this morning on my day off. I don't have a ton of video from the new 4 piece version of ostrich Hat so I made due with what I had.

[video=youtube_share;BIMuW-61Zgk]

• Members
I'm getting a disconnect between the mix sounding very canned, and the obvious live action and crowd response.

You don't even need a remix - just pull the L/R in to almost mono, add some room 'verb to the whole thing and dub some crowd walla/applause underneath.

MG

When I was putting together my band's video demo a few years ago, I ran into this problem. Especially since I started the clip with some crowd noise. The intent was never to try and fool anyone into believing the audio performances were live, but when I pulled the crowd noise track all the way back it just sounded too sterile and there was a disconnect. So I left a tiny, almost inaudible bit of crowd noise running under most of the entire thing. Especially the rockier tracks. It just made the whole thing look and sound "better".

Funny how the human brain works sometimes.

Archived