My New Country Band Set List

• Members

Well...thought I would try and liven this place up a little. As I mentioned before, I started a New/Modern Country Band earlier this year. It took a little time to get some traction. We had a couple of people fall out early on which delayed us from gigging more. But now, we have all of the people in place and have been gigging since August. I gotta tell, I'm having a blast. I've never played much country music before. Maybe it's the fact that I'm learning new songs and playing music that hasn't been drilled into my head 1000 times, but this band is so much fun. We're getting a great response from the crowd as well. There's one venue that we have played twice and have another date this Friday and again on Nov. 1. It's a restaurant with a great outdoor area. Yes, we still get to do outdoor gigs in California in November! They just contacted me yesterday and gave us 16 dates for next year. I get the feeling we're on to something here. In our area, there's demand for country music and only a couple of bands, and none that play what we play.

We are an 8 piece band: male vox, female vox, me on guitar, another guitar player who also doubles on banjo, pedal steel, keys, bass, and drums. 4 of us also sing some lead and lots of harmony vocals.

I thought I would share our set list and see if I can get some feedback from other country players here. Feel free to rip it up. I'm all for suggestions that will further improve our cause.

Set 1

Drink In My Hand Eric Church

Liza Jane Vince Gill

Guitars and Cadillacs Dwight Yokum

Neon Moon Brooks & Dunn

Adilida George Strait

Don't Rock The Jukebox Alan Jackson

You And Tequila Kenny Chesney w/Grace Potter

Ridin' The Rodeo Vince Gill

Pontoon Little Big Town

Chicken Fried Zac Brown

Fastest Girl In Town Miranda Lambert

Ticks Brad Paisley

Set 2

Cruise Florida Georgia Line

Beer Money Kip Moore

Honey Bee Blake Shelton

Need You Now Lady Antebellum

How Country Feels Randy Houser

Mama's Broken Heart Miranda Lambert

We Were Us Kieth Urban w/Miranda Lambert

Your Side Of The Bed Little Big Town

Just To see You Smile Tim McGraw

Somebody Like You Kieth Urban

Compass Lady Antebellum

Sideways Dierks Bently

Set 3

American Saturday Night Brad Paisley

That's How Country Boys Roll Billy Curington

Hip To My Heart The Band Perry

Hard Working Man Brooks & Dunn

Stuck Like Glue Sugarland

Lot Of Leavin' Left To Do Dierks Bently

Country Girl Luke Bryan

Bartender Lady Antebellum

Save A Horse Big & Rich

Get Your Buzz On Cadillac Three

Take A Little Ride Jason Aldean

Honky Tonk Stomp Brooks & Dunn

Friends In Low Places Garth Brooks

I'm looking to update the first set. Let me know what "must play" hits I'm missing. Thanks for playing along!

• Members
Great sets there! I play pop and Rock..but If I played country..Id play songs like yours. btw" 8 players??? Geez..it must be a costly act to hire.

Ha...It would be costly if the places around here paid worth a crap. $600/night is about as good as it gets. Private events and weddings are a different story.

• Members

Ha...It would be costly if the places around here paid worth a crap. $600/night is about as good as it gets. Private events and weddings are a different story.

We tried a 6-piece for a while. Some places would average $100-per-person. Most less. Older I get, the less worth my time it is to play 4 hours for $75.

jamieb

+++++

Archived