I'm an oldtime here and I've earned the right to say this...

sventvkg

• Members

The current owners have done NOTHING BUT DESTROY THESE FORUMS....Sorry but facts are facts...bunch of friggin monkeys who thought they could run a forum but killed it...I take serious offense to this as an old timer...

HC was once the biggest if not one of the biggest music forums in the world. Now it's dead. I'm pissed about it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• Members

I've been thinking this for some time. It used to be so vibrant here and I learned so much. Now...you get 2-4 posts a day. Not worth checking but once a day. Same 4 topics will languish for a bit and then someone will post something new. Posts will drib and drab in on that one for a bit. Repeat.

I wish I knew of another forum that is like what Harmony Central used to be. Haven't found it yet. So I still hang around here.

• Members

Yeah, it was a great place. I loved the reviews..they had so many!!!! They would go back years. I even added a few. They were very helpful..The whole "Genre played" "Years experience"..all that made the info soooo helpful. Now its just so limited, So much less. What Happened? Who ruinedit? And will they ever recover all that treasure-trove of data?

• Members
I remember this forum from about 2001 till 2010 being huge. Even the keyboard and samplers section was so busy' date=' they all went to music players forum.[/quote'] Most forums on music player are dead...Matbe this model died and has been replaced with Facebook Groups? Anyone doing what we used to do here but on Facebook?..maybe we're just old and outta touch?

• Members

Well I stayed away from Keyboard Korner music player and started posting two weeks ago after a six month layoff. I just couldn’t take some of the posters. Some of them got banned but it still is big click over there but with that they still have a lot of the best players posting. I started posting here on the synth sampler forum again to see if I could generate some activity just because it’s been so dead. Facebook groups don’t do it for me, I just don’t think the model is that great for the kind of stuff we talk about.

• Members
Most forums on music player are dead...Matbe this model died and has been replaced with Facebook Groups? Anyone doing what we used to do here but on Facebook?..maybe we're just old and outta touch?

good point! Yes, there is some truth to Facebook groups replacing forums (which replaced usenet....although I am still on all of them).

• Members
The current owners have done NOTHING BUT DESTROY THESE FORUMS....Sorry but facts are facts...bunch of friggin monkeys who thought they could run a forum but killed it...I take serious offense to this as an old timer...

HC was once the biggest if not one of the biggest music forums in the world. Now it's dead. I'm pissed about it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I wonder if that has anything to do with all my posts disappearing and getting demoted to rookie. I over the years posted a few thousand at the least and was the original moderator when the need came around for the recording forum. Now 13 years later I have like 120 posts? I know I wasnt active but wth happened here? Did they just dump a bunch of data?

• Members

I have been a member since 2001. (Lost my original "jamieb" name during one of the "upgrades".) While I haven't posted a lot, I have read and learned a lot. When I joined, the forum was so busy that I had trouble keeping up with all the threads. No such problem now. I actually emailed support and told them that they have "fixed" this forum until they broke it. I also visited other forums, but this is the one that I considered "home base". Really wish it could get back to the way it used to be. Even it it meant David and Wade going at it tooth-and-nail.:p

jamieb

+++++

• Members

well than I guess it's just over for live music...most people truthfully don't care and the overwhelming majority of bands suck so badly on the local level that I can totally understand why...Most of the really skilled and talented musicians are either retired or doing private events now and I'm seeing a plethora of former Science teachers who are now retired and playing music full time...They are mediocre AT BEST...Alas...What does it even matter anymore. Society has changed to such a degree that what we do is looked upon marginally at best anyway these days...Such is life :)

• Members
Good dude! Still grinding doing gigs...graduated and working on my master's degree. How are things pal?

Awesome..A Good friend of mine is finishing her Masters and will be getting a job for about 100K a year as a Mining or Petroleum industry Geologist..She went RIGHT for a field that's in demand and pays:) She's 44 and needs to put in 20 good high paying years!! I'm sure you have a similar plan and good for you!

I'm moving forward on my Private Events entertainment business plan and we're leaving Nashville for the Orlando area on the 24th. In fact I'm heading down Monday to get us a house to rent. Moving on bro:) Stay well and don't be a stranger dude.

Sean

Archived