Banned from an open jam

FitchFY

• Members

I just got a text from a fan that said "XXXX the obnoxious drummer just got banned from the open jam at VENUE. Wanna go tonight?"

It led to the pretty resilient thought in my mind that if you've ever been banned from any type of musical event, you are probably one giant, tremendous, jackasselope.

So... who here has been banned from something?

• Members

I have from bands. chuckle. Cause I was an obnoxious drummer...... now that I look back never been banned from open jam. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen when the kids won't let another kid play in the "open" sandbox. But if it's a private sandbox, well then it can't be a lawsuit. Remember though Fitchy as Dr Phil says there is two sides to a pancake.

• Members

I have. It turns out the host and I have incompatible and irreconcilable ethical differences unrelated to music. Too bad, that was a great jam. But it's life.

On the other hand.. I thought for sure this was going to be a thread about jumping up on stage uninvited, and playing your bass a quarter tone sharp. :)

Wes

• Members
Kind of takes the "Open" out of "Open Jam"' date=' doesn't it?[/quote']

Absolutely, but you know the business behind it: if you've got a guy who shows up every week and kills the vibe and stops all other drummers from going... it would seem in your best interest to very much-so restrict their involvement.

• Members

Funny Tucktronix does an open jam here in the city and there is a guy that comes down that no one likes and does the same songs all the time. He supposedly got kicked out of another open jam. No one wants to play with this guy, he is also too loud. How sad is that.

• Members

I got banned from a video game forum once (for trolling), but in my defense the game was fubar out of the box, and their big "fix" was a patch built into an expansion that you had to pay for. No pay, no patch. I posted my dis-satisfaction daily lol. Never quite got a win on that one.

Archived