Biggest uplighting gig yet. (DJ content)

• Members

Full meal deal. I might have to up my prices a bit, not too bad though. $900 wedding with lighting. $150 for uplighting the head table $200 for additional uplighting $200 for providing a second sound system for the ceremony. --------- $1450 Looks really good! The other DJ in town charges $700. Ceremony: 31C48D4F-DB1E-4EDF-9D7B-7E8F4D2C388C.jpg Head table 8DB5F77D-9E54-4EAE-8CAA-DDC56F5B34AB.jpg Couple quick videos:

• Members

I just kept it simple. I have had the head table change color in the past (see video) I just set the color on all the fixtures individually. That way I could skip the DMX cabling. I think I might pick up a half dozen wireless fixtures to go along the removable wall. I definitely see their use and how they could save a lot of time with their deployment. I don't want to take out a loan, I believe the wireless fixtures are around $400 each. I have 38 washlights now. I think I'll stick with them for awhile. I DO like the size of the Hotbox fixtures though.

• Members

I've thought about doing the uplighting thing but jeez just getting 10 lights power is gobs of copper in cords, so what you did make sense, run one color and don't change it, then no dmx cabling needed, that would get might expensive even if you only had 10 uplights. It sure does help the look of everything per your pics.

• Members

Yeah I figured keep it simple. She wanted to light up the whole place pink, and we got it done. A few weekends before I uplit the head table again, different colors, it turned out nice as well. Ended up going with 5 uplights. 4CD79554-B5C8-4AE0-9CA1-0FDA6CE37658.jpg

• Members

Nice work. I have a wedding I'm working in Sept that wanted uplighting. I have enough lights to cover it, but don't have enough dmx cable. For some reason, I didn't think of the set and forget..... I was going to use XLR!

Thanks for posting!

• Members

What kind of lights? On my blizzards I clicked thru the menus until I hit sund (sound) then I switched it to colr and it was color 5 on the 3NX's and color 7 on the fab5's. on the microhs, I just set the color with the 1-255 values. Turned green off, red and blue on full and I was good to go.

Archived