clip of my country band

• Members

I don't think we play country very well, so we don't do it very often. But when we do play country, Sarah usually sings the crap out of it and, as we all know, it's mostly about the vocals anyway.

Remind me to not point the camera at the keyboard player's balding head next time.....haha!

[video=youtube;nwbwMYu3wwQ]

• Members
@guido61, indeed she does! Love the effects on her vocals, too. What unit do you use for that?

@StratGuy22, your guy has good pipes too.

Soundguy uses a Behringer X32 mixer, and any effects would be whatever digital effects he uses from the board.

That and the fact being that gig we played literally in a cave. A room built into a mountainside. So it had it's own...um...ambience to say the least!

97l76d.jpg21mggw1.jpg

• Members
We don't claim to be a great country band but at least we have fun. Anybody else here doing country' date=' old or new? Let's see your vids![/quote']

Hey about your name . Is that LA, Los Angeles . La Louisiana or LA Lower Alabama ? lol

• Members

That's really neat!!!

Definitely a cool room and actually not bad sounding at all. We were crammed as far back as we could get into that little hole way in the back on the other side of the dance floor, and I remember the soundguy and I looking at each other and thinking WTF! as to what the sound was going to be like. Surprisingly the acoustics were pretty decent.

Too bad it was a formal event. A medieval theme would have been so much cooler!

• Members

Hey about your name . Is that LA, Los Angeles . La Louisiana or LA Lower Alabama ? lol

Ha! You must be from the south to even be aware of the Lower Alabama LA. But it was (extremely rural) East Central Lousiana, only a few miles from the MS border. We were quite literally, "kicking it in the sticks" as Wade might say. I heard Cajun accordion music and Clifford N's swamp pop over the system during load in.

• Members

Soundguy uses a Behringer X32 mixer, and any effects would be whatever digital effects he uses from the board.

That and the fact being that gig we played literally in a cave. A room built into a mountainside. So it had it's own...um...ambience to say the least!

Reminds me of a place we used to go swing dancing in back in college.

• Members

[video=youtube;ZhUfc5ND1hI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfc5ND1hI

This is a better recording (albeit worse video quality) of the Miranda Lambert song, done with my Zoom Q2 at our main club, back when the original guitar player was with us and also when the club had a sound man who actually knew what he was doing.

• Members

Well be glad you only had to play with him once , LOL I won't bash him on here but if you PM me I'll give you the low down on. I also played with a guy that lives in Jackson , Trent Lewis , in Crosstown , Good guy and fun drummer to play with

• Members
We don't claim to be a great country band but at least we have fun. Anybody else here doing country' date=' old or new? Let's see your vids![/quote']

Looks and sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun!!

Tonight is our first gig with my new Country band. Really excited about this!!!!. 8 piece band with male and female lead vox, guitars, banjo, pedal steel, keys, bass, and drums. Nice easy gig at a local winery. 6-9pm. They usually get 400ish people.

Here's our set list for tonight if anyone is interested:

Set 1

Drink In My Hand

That's How Country Boys Roll

Neon Moon

Stuck Like Glue

Ridin' The Rodeo

Beer Money

Pontoon

You And Tequila

Adilida

Fast As You

Ticks

Honky Tonk Stomp

Set 2

Cruise

Liza Jane

Need You Now

Mamas Broken Heart

Fast As You

Your Side Of The Bed

Don't Rock The Jukebox

Compass

Somebody Like You

Just To See You Smile

Sideways

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

Get Your Buzz On

Set 3

Sweet Home Alabama

Take A Little Ride

Take Hold Of My Hand

How Country Feels

Honey Bee

Hip To My Heart

Give It All We Got Tonight

Country Girl

Lot Of Leavin Left To Do

Hard Working Man

Guitars And Cadillacs

Boot Scootin Boogie

Friends In Low Places

• Members

Looks and sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun!!

Tonight is our first gig with my new Country band. Really excited about this!!!!. 8 piece band with male and female lead vox, guitars, banjo, pedal steel, keys, bass, and drums. Nice easy gig at a local winery. 6-9pm. They usually get 400ish people.

Here's our set list for tonight if anyone is interested:

Dude that is hard core country! You sure you aren't playing out of Nashville :)

D

• Members

97l76d.jpg21mggw1.jpg

This is a great place. How are the acoustics?

I bet it stays nice a cool inside.

D

• Members

Dude that is hard core country! You sure you aren't playing out of Nashville :)

D

LOL......No. From good ol' Gilroy, CA. I got pretty lucky putting this band together. Originally, we were planning on a 4 piece. One by one, it turned out someone knew someone else who was looking for a country band and the next thing you know we have a frickin orchestra. It's a lot of fun and I'm very blessed to be playing with a bunch of really good players. I'm hoping the move to country works out. There seems to be a surge in demand for country music and very few country bands in our area.

• Members

This is a great place. How are the acoustics?

I bet it stays nice a cool inside.

D

The acoustics were surprisingly good. It started off cool (it was cool and rainy out that night), but it quickly got pretty stifling hot in there once it filled up with people and everyone started moving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
RE Justin- I've heard various things and experienced some of them myself lol. And I know Trent the Shirtless Drummer pretty well.

Hey bud , did a show with Trent Lewis last night , told him about our conversation on here but did not know your real name to tell him who you were . What's your name ? lol

Archived