G-Major/GC Pro help...

somata

• Members

ok, so i'll own up right away, i'm a midiot... i'm working on getting my gc pro set-up with my rack. i have it set up to 4 presets/ bank mode so that the other buttons are programmed to switch effects on and off in my g-major. and that's where i'm having the problem. so in assigning modifiers on the g-major to be controlled by the gc pro, are the switches on the gc pro, always the same effects blocks? ie- if i make button 8 to be delay on say preset 1 is button 8 delay for all presets, or are they assignable to each preset? and is it possible to assign a switch to turn an effect on/off and then control its parameters with an expression pedal (i'm sure it is..) and if so, how do i do that. i've been through the manuals for all my gear numerous times, and just can't put it all together...any help would be much appreciated!!!

• Members

On the GC Pro, you can tell the buttons that are being used for CC's to do 3 things.

Toggle, Momentary, & Transmit w/ Preset (XMIT W/ PRESET)

Toggle will turn them on and off w/in a preset, but when you call up a new preset, the new preset's settings overide whatever you had setup.

Momentary is the same, exect your FX will turn OFF as you lift your foot off the button.

Transmit w/ Preset is the same as Toggle, except that the floorboard will transmit the status of your current settings and override the settings of your new preset, when called up.

That's basiclly, the same as "global" settings.

So, you need to configure what each of your buttons are. By default, they're on "Toggle"

Check out pages 11 & 12 in the manual ;)

• Members

ok, well thats more helpful than my understanding of the manual. so in toggle mode, where each new preset overrides the previous setting, that would let each switch perform a different function in each preset if desired...correct? which is what i want to do. in contrast the toggle w/preset mode would be "button 8 is always delay" ok that's starting to clear the view for me, now how do i set up the expression pedals so that i turn the delay on with a switch and then control its parameters with the exp pedal? i've been spending a lot of time with the manuals for all my gear (i'm not even worrying about getting the cc capabilities out of my h&k access yet...) but its just not sinking in. probably because my previous set-up was a johnson millenium head, and it was pretty idiot friendly...lol!

• Members

Originally posted by H535

Somata why do you not want button 8 to control delay on/off for all presets?

I guess I didn't make that clear.

The button you assign as say: Delay, will be Delay for all presets.

It's just the status of the button that changes depending on the mode you are in.

• Members

ok, gotcha...

Somata why do you not want button 8 to control delay on/off for all presets?

yeah, i guess it doesn't really matter. i was just used to being able to reassign buttons to different presets on my millenium, but with all the buttons on the gc pro its not an issue. and yeah, i guess it actually makes more sense for them to be consistant preset to preset

• Members

That's is how I have mine setup. One button for each of the 6 FX blocks plus a Mute and Solo button. Don't forget that the G-major has a "Learn" function too so you can get it to "see" the instant acces button easily as well as getting the expression pedals dialed in.

• Members

yeah, i wasn't too sure about the learn function, i was worried that maybe it would learn the wrong thing-lol!!! then i'd be totally lost-lol!!! but in reading your post and rereading the manual, it seems like the learn function is probably where i should start. damn this busy schedule, i need a free afternoon or evening to just sit in front of my rig and get it all dialed in...

Archived