ie4 Channel Switching?

dogula

• Members

Hi, this is my first post. I have been sneeking around here for a while and you guys have been very helpful. Does anyone know if the Egnater ie4 dropouts when switching channels. I currently have an Egnater M4 that does this pretty bad! Kind of a bummer considering the price. No one has mentioned anything about it on either preamp. Thanks!

• Members

The Egnater stuff as far as I know is really quick when switching. The real IE4, the ones Bruce made are top notch. Are you looking for something that will switch to the next channel whole you are playing? When anything switches, the signal is getting redirected so there is some kind of drop out. With the Egnater stuff it should very slight if any. What kind of music are you playing? Maybe the M4 has a different way of channel switching than the IE4? Bruce Egnater is the guy to ask. He is fairly accessable. Try finding him or post on www.hugeracksinc.com You mayget a good reply there.

• Members

Thanks! I will check that link out. The M4 is being switched by a rocktron midi mate. The drop out isn't too noticeble when swithching from clean to dirty, but when switching between the two dirty channels their is a very noticible drop out. I have played amps that do this but never this bad. I also have a rocktron pirahna that is seamless when switching. I can even hit the same patch on the midi mate (no need to switch channels) and it will still drop out.

• Members

Hey Dogula, I have one of the original Egnater ie4's and have not noticed any problems with dropouts when switching channels. I agree with Tuvok that Bruce Egnater would be the guy to ask. In addition to the HugeRacks forum, you could also just send email to the contact address listed on the main Egnater web site...I think it is info@egnater.com. You may well get a response from Bruce himself. Also try the Egnater forums at:

http://www.jaredcoberly.com/forum/

• Members

Are you trying this test without any FX? Another possibility to eliminate is you effects unit. I had some noticable dropout too until I fingured out it was my G-Major causing it. Nothing wrong with the G-Major, once I understood that it is best to use the same routing configuration (internal) from one patch to the next. FYI I use "semi-parallel" unless I need a series routing (eg. tremolo, pitch shift).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just as a note for everyone. Whether the IE4 is pre Rocktron or not does not matter. It is exactly the same pre-amp. The only difference is when Bruce joined Rocktron he had more resources, so the pots have a different taper to them.

Both models are the same, however a lot of morons out there like to own and say pre-rocktron version is better cuz it sounds more important.

You are welcome to e-mail Bruce himself and he will let you know ;)

Archived