Digitech DHP-55 > Digitech Valve FX

• Members

Congrads, and welcome to the family!

I remember the first day I got mine...heh, I spent hours it seemed just playing around with the 'String Pad' preset. Grab ya a volume pedal and run it into the CC pedal jack for some killer realtime control.

Just curious, what firmware version is it running? Anything v2.00 and higher is golden. Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Does anyone here know of a source for a firmware update for the DHP-55? I just picked this one up at Guitar Center and it still has version 1.04. I contacted Digitech and they replied that they no longer had any firmware chips available. I am just hoping that someone knows of a source for this...

Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I purchased my dhp 55 new in about 93-94 and barely used it. price was $750. Now, I want to run my mic from the Motu ultralite to the 55 and back to the motu inputs & I need some help with the cabling.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yeah i did love mine until it died. They wanted $80 to fix it so i just let it sit there.
:cry:

Hey Billy,

If it's just sitting there, I'll take it off your hands if you like:)

Seriously, let me know if you'd like to unload it.

R

• Members

I had no idea they made one that sounded as good as the 55...... I thought the VFX was way better than the G-Major and this just blows them both away. I'm still scratching the surface. Clips soon.

I've got both the DHP55 and the SGS2112 and while they're certainly not the absolute best units out there, I think they're damn good and perfectly capable of getting you an excellent tone (and fx) if you know what you're doing programming them.

I almost sold my DHP55 a couple months ago, but backed down when I started thinking about what it was capable of.

• Members

What's the differences between the DHP 33 and the 55?

55 = 5 part harmonies

33 = 3 part harmonies

both are intelligent harmonizers. They're both pretty damn effective if your guitar is in tune and your intonation is close.

Some people say the 33 is better. I guess it's the IPS-33B in an updated box/interface.

I've never played a 55 or a studio 5000, so I don't know first hand.

• Members

What's the differences between the DHP 33 and the 55?

The DHP 55 does everything the 33 does and throws in 2 more harmony voices, a programmable filter, 6-tap 6 second delay, reverb, 6 second sampler, compressor, noise gate, multi-band graphic EQ's, and ass-tastic preamp distortion/OD's IIRC.

• Members

i've always wanted to try the dhp series stuff but they're pretty rare in the uk. even more so at a sensible price.

clips please - feed the gas
;)

If you can live through about 3:30 of my bassplayer singing, you can hear what the dhp33 can do.

go to the link in my sig.

go to the 4th song "sweet angel"

from 3:30 - 4:11 = 2 guitars (not a harmonizer)

4:11-4:40 = all dhp 33, one track

Archived