Boss SE-50

• Members

word,

I'm using the se50 with the access.

***word of caution***

the guitar multi efx algorithm can not be dialled in 100% wet, therefore, there are phasing problems in the parallel access loops.

I have yet to explore the other algorithms to see if there are any 100% wet settings.

That said, the unit works fine in series with the access. The interface is very well layed out.

I don't like the chorus or distortion, but, the eq, delay, and reverb are all very nice.

it's a cool, powerful little unit. I got mine for $50 USD. I'm thinking 60 GBP is still the cheapest rackmount effect in the UK.

• Members

Originally posted by Word Bearer

Cheers,

Well I was planning on running it it series anyway doing a similar thing that Tat discovered with the Balance control. Looking at a Wet/Dry rig.

Does it have reverse delays btw? Currently I'm using a Marshall Echohead in loop 3 just for the reverse.

what is that?

do you mean like a gated reverb?

there are some bizarre sounding effects in the se-50.

I've really only scratched the surface. They say it's one of the only processors that does a decent "shimmer" beside the Korg A series.

• Members

I have an SE50, which I use mostly as a dedicated effects unit for one of my synth modules. I like the fact that it has stereo in/out.

I've also used it for guitar as well. I'm not crazy about the distortion on it, but the other effects are quite good. Easy to tweak too. Well worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just picked a SE-50 for $50 yesterday. Great unit with some whacky sounds. Very similar to the Roland RSP-550 I have, esp. like the rotary, phase and delays. Unfortunately I haven't found a tap tempo function yet.

Certain patches (stereo delay being one) with 'direct level' will give you 100% wet. I didn't see reverse delay though.

A big plus is that the unit in series, at bedroom volume, doesn't 'tone suck' noticeably. Will check back after I crank it up.

Jun

Archived