Recommend a Rackmount Parametric EQ

• Members

I am converting my guitar rig to a rackmount setup, and want a parametric eq that I can program and control via midi. I want a couple of different eq profiles for clean, crunch, and solo, and I like a parametric over a graphic eq for guitar, so I can move things in wide bands, and program a curve rather than move sliders. Can anyone recommend such a device? I have tried searching, and am not coming up with very much..

Thanks for your input.

• Members

Ya, I had seen that Behringer rack, but it seems like complete overkill for a guitar setup..multiple channels, and a 31 band graphic and all..

The Rane looks nice, but no presets to recall. None of these are what I am looking for.. I guess it doesn't exist. My G-maj has a 3 band in it that is programable.. so I could use it .. but I wanted one outside of that.. so I could call it up without changing g-maj presets. In my recording software (Cakewalk) I have some VST plug-ins.. and there are parametric eq's that have a line graph display. I want one like that in a hardware rack!

Hey.. someone build me one of these!

T.C.E., Roland., Alesis.. anyone listening??:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by alekke

on the other hand, is there any normal rackmount eq (graph or para) that isnt so complicated and with 2milion bands?

Does dod or behringer 2x15 band stereo eq work well for guitar rack setup?

Sure. Those things are a dime a dozen.

quick search

I have the programmable Behringer EQ (DEQ2496) for my home recording setup and it really is amazing. Highly recommended if you are willing to shell out that kind of dough just for an EQ. It is very easy to program and offers an unbelievable array of capabilities.

For my 'live' application, though, I just go simple: I use the built-in parametric or GEQs on my Multi-FX unit (Either Boss VF-1 or Digitech ValveFX depending on rig).

• Members

on my pedalboard i use dod equalizer and it suits me perfect.

I wonder is there something similar in rack version?

I mean, it would be perfect if I could get a 1X10 band (max) equalizer that will emulate my stereo signal from preamp!

so stereo eq, with 1X7-10 or 4 band parametric!

Archived