Help with rack?

hooshko

• Members

Im trying to put a small rack together and I just want to know a few things.

#1 will an isp decimater, and a tc electronics g major "work together" with a mesa dual rec?what kind of midi pedal is best? I just want my normal mesa signal and be able to switch between that and different cleans with delays/reverb and such? is this what I need?

#2 Ive hard bbes dont do anything for mesas, should i get a rackmount 4821 or just get and eq?

any advice? suggestions?

• Members

What cab and speakers are you using? Sounds like you might need a speaker/cab change. If it's flabby sounding now, an eq is not going to help much.

Basically you need to connect the efx unit in your amps effects loop.

Again I'm wondering why you need a decimator? Out of the noise reduction units it's probably the best but EVERYTHING affects your tone.

Turning down the guitar's volume knob and or swithcing to a quieter channel isn't an option?

Jun

• Members

No

My bands plays metal and we crank right up, just a mesa dual rec with stock tubes and a lp studio is going to make alot of noise. I got the decimator today and Im PUMPED on using it, great great great great, Ive only used it one jam so far and want mess with a bit but even the way it was set today was perfect.

I use a marshall mode 4 cab, I dont know whats in it (im retarded when it comes to gear, thats why I started reading this forum)

Im gonna buy a furman tommorrow, any suggestions on one that has spaced out outlets so i can plug big adapters into it?cheap but good?

And im still confused about the g major and midi pedals and hooking all that stuff up together, explain away

• Members

Ya im not gonna be buying a g major....ever.....I read some stuff and im not down with them......

I got a furman today, so now i have the furman, tuner,and the decimator. I want to get a mesa dual rec roadcase with 6 rack spaces...some guy is selling one with on a local board but its an 8 space so i dunno, thats too big for what i need

so ya, I just need to know any other fx units, That rockrton prophesy thing looks sweet but i dont have the cash, any suggestions?

• Members

what did you read about the G Major that turned you off?

probably the thousands of G major failure threads.

Isn't the Prophesy and Voodoo Valve preamps with efx? Seems like a waste of money if you are only looking for efx.

Effect units under $500, if you include used, there are about 378 models to choose from. What efx are you wanting to use.

Jun

• Members

I use a g-major and an ISP Rack decimator in my rig with my mesa DR.

I run two amps with a tonebone headswitcher and a fireworX as well.

I've never had any problems with any of the gear. I suggest you get an amp gizmo so you can midi switch your recto so you don't have to tap dance.

-W

• Members

Ive read the g majors are getting old and are pieces of {censored} that break easy, I dont want cheap {censored} as my main rig right?

what wouldm I need to get to control my dual rec all with midi pedals? and i would want something to makes the cleans way better, delays, reverbs etc....?????

and can anyone suggest a wireless thats doesnt suck tone?

• Members

what wouldm I need to get to control my dual rec all with midi pedals?

The Behringer FCB1010 has two relays built in to control the channels on your amp. If you don't want extra cables from the MIDI pedal to the amp you need something like the Axxess electronics CFX.

Or you could get a Rocktron Replifex which also has two relays built in.

Jun

Archived