Phaser / Flanger in rack format ??

• Members

Hi

I just got an G-major and I have to say that I love it. Everything which I need sounds great and works super.

I like to have some stuff to just fool around with and that is phaser, flanger and stuff like that...

That is not the strengt of the g-major I think.

SO is there some rack phaser out there ?? I found the Line 6 mod pro but they are not made anymore (is there a reason??)

• Members

Do you specifically want a Midi programmable one?

If not, then Boss used to make some little half rack units in their Microrack Series. Go

here for some info. Look for the RBF-10 Flanger and RPH-10 Phaser. I've never had personal experience with either unit though so I can't testify to how good or bad they are but they do come up every now and then on ebay.

• Members

I'm not aware of any MIDI rack stuff of that nature other than the Line 6 unit you've already mentioned so unless anyone else can help I think you're going to be looking on ebay for one of those.

Only other option would be to try some different multi fx units purely for those effects but I couldn't tell you what is particularly strong on those effects.

• Members

I haven't had a chance to try it out personally yet, but I've heard that the SE-50 does some pretty decent modulation effects.

I'll hopefully be getting a hold of one in the next couple of weeks so will try to remember to give a review of them for you.

Archived