Hi, my first post

• Members

I need some help regarding loopers / delay units (stomp boxes)

I want something for DJ-ing and I'm not a guitar player so my knowledge is rather slim

I want to buy a unit that allows me to loop phases on top of one another, in order to create some compositsions. A reverse function would be nice, as would a function that allows me to slow or speed up loops but this is not essential.

Firstly, what are the fundamental differences between a delay unit and a looper. Can I overdub loops on a delay unit? I've also heard that if I use a delay, the loops will become quieter and quieter until the loop eventually fades.....something I don't want to happen as I intend to use some drum samples and I want the volume of these to remain constant.

I will be using it for short samples, as well as for longer drum loops, looping continuously for a couple of mins. It will be used with DnB so the tempo will be 175+, so a unit that can handle this would be Ideal

Here is what I've considered so far:

Boss RC-20 Loopstation

Akai E2 Headrush

EH 16 second delay (how long will the loops run for on this unit? Can I overdub?)

Let me know which you would suggest and if there are any other products that you recommend that fit my criterion. I have 200 GBP to spend

Thanks

Archived