No announcement yet.

what does a sonic maximizer do?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does a sonic maximizer do?

what does this unit do? I found a BBE sonic maximizer for 79.00 at a local pawn shop and i see it in some of your racks.....

what does it do, how does it help the tone?

They are great for eliminating all of those pesky midrange tones. This way nobody will be able to tell that you suck because the notes will all sound like mud. Then you can boost the low end to make your guitar sound like a tuba. This saves you from having to pay a bass player so you make more money at the gig. When you turn up the highs you get that ever so popular ice pick to the eardrum tone. The best part is if you get tired during a gig you can just crank up the BBE and drive away all of the customers. Then the club owner will send you home early.

Comment

that is hilarious....

i take it you dont like them....

no really what do they do?

Comment

It's like a "loudness" button on your HI-FI amp.
        E.N.D. - post-thrash / groove metal
        www.facebook.com/endband
        www.myspace.com/endzadar

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scottop1972
          View Post

that is hilarious....

i take it you dont like them....

no really what do they do?

Well,

They boost the bass and treble to the point where it sounds huge in your basement. (assuming you're playing by yourself and not recording it).

If you record it, it will sound bassy and shrill.

If you play in a band, your sound will disappear into a fizzy, loud mess.

They ****************ing SUCK. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate BBE sonic maximizers.

Do youself a favor; take that $79 and put it in a mutual fund, mattress, jar, bank, stock, etc. After you save enough money, buy a good power amp.
          BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
          Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

http://www.bbesound.com/technologies/BBE%5FHDS/

in reality, the 'phase realignment' of frequencies isnt really noticible. all you're really hearing is the bass boost and presence enhancement. the result being that you loose all the midrange from your sound. unfortunatly this is where most of the guitar sound is.

bit of a waste on guitar (imo) though lots of people do use them and used very sparingly they can help to brighten a dull amp or add some low end clout.

they do sound good for adding a bit of polish to final mixes though. again, moderation been the key.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarslinger
              View Post

Well,

They ****************ing SUCK. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate BBE sonic maximizers.

+1

Waste of money and waste of time tweaking it. Don't bother.
              Originally Posted by ChuckyB

Being the calmest, most together guy in the room means you can always control the dynamics of whatever angle u want to work that night...

STUFF:
              Guitars, Gear yadda yadda

Comment

+1

Never use it. Great on vocal tracks though!

Quote Originally Posted by ocnor
                View Post

They are great for eliminating all of those pesky midrange tones. This way nobody will be able to tell that you suck because the notes will all sound like mud. Then you can boost the low end to make your guitar sound like a tuba. This saves you from having to pay a bass player so you make more money at the gig. When you turn up the highs you get that ever so popular ice pick to the eardrum tone. The best part is if you get tired during a gig you can just crank up the BBE and drive away all of the customers. Then the club owner will send you home early.

Comment

View Post

Well,

They boost the bass and treble to the point where it sounds huge in your basement. (assuming you're playing by yourself and not recording it).

Do youself a favor; take that $79 and put it in a mutual fund, mattress, jar, bank, stock, etc. After you save enough money, buy a good power amp.

+1

and also make your sound too solid state.

Comment

I use a 882i to make me sound huge in my basement.

Actually I only really only use it to play MP3s into a 2400 watt QSC amp.
                    Justme

Comment

View Post

Well,

+1. In fact the inherent entertainment value in fire would make burning the $79 a more useful exercise.

Comment

What I found in the clips I provided above was that I can do all that tricks with my para EQ. They call the BBE like a lazy EQ.

Comment

hmmmm....

i could hear a difference in the vids....

all the naysayers..... please tell me your thoughts on the vids. because so far it sounds great to me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by separanets
                            View Post

What I found in the clips I provided above was that I can do all that tricks with my para EQ. They call the BBE like a lazy EQ.

+1
                            E.N.D. - post-thrash / groove metal
                            www.facebook.com/endband
                            www.myspace.com/endzadar

Comment

Working...
                            X