**1st Post** Delay repeats and my GCX Switcher???

• Members

Software:

Most effects have a footswitchable bypass. Most effects have an option for effects tails to continue so you'd use one of the gcx loops to toggle the bypass on the delay rather than switching it out entirely.

Hardware:

You'd have to use a line mixer. You'd plug your dry signal into the line mixer. There's usually a splitter jack and you plug that into a loop input. Put the delay on the effects send and the output of the delay into the line mixer. Then the output on the line mixer to the input of the following loop.

In order for this to work you'd have to set the delay to 100% wet.

• Members

So maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm not quite sure I understand your post... Can you maybe explain in a little more detail?

Thank you so much!!!

BTW: I'm looking for several different approaches to this so if you have an idea or even a quirky idea please by all means... every reply is highly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sweettone, what delay unit are you using?

If you use a delay unit with a GCX (or other) switching unit, delays can be cut off by the switcher. When a GCX switches loops, it switches both the send and the receive.

If you want to get around that problem, you would have to use a GCX switcher that sends a signal to the delay, then the delay output would have to go to a mixer (to mix with dry signal or other effects) instead of back to the GCX. That way, when you switch off the delay, the GCX will stop sending a signal, but your delay taps can still go through the line mixer to your power amp.

To clarify beyond that, I'd need to draw a diagram...

• Members

yeah, picture would be nice... So heres what I got...

guitar->GCX input->Loop1(fulldrive2)->Loop2(FatBoost)->Loop3(Mod Pro)->Loop4(FilterPro)->Loop5 (MOFX)->Loop6(EchoPro)->Loop7 (verb)->Loop8 (empty)->amp

I would use a line mixer w/ the setup you have, add a power amp and run W/D, or W/D/W, and have a volume pedal before the delay, so when you pull the volume pedal back, the repeats continue.

• Members

wow SweetTone...i have almost the same identical rig as you, and i had the same question as you. a line mixer is the easiest way around this, especially is your FX loop in your amp is not parallel.

I ended up getting a Timefactor--not only for its killer delays, but also for its extensive routing options.

I use a wet/dry setup now, sending all dry o/d tones to a Dr Z, while all my FX goto a Fender HRD.

good luck!

Archived