Video Part I of Bradshaw going thru my rig

• Members

Nice ! He really knows what he is talking about. It is great to see someone making an honest living out of building high quality gear and rigs.

Ya, Bob is THE man- when it comes to rig building and design. When I initially contacted him about building some of the custom components in the rig and wiring it all up to my spec, he came up with some additional ideas (like the Dry signal incorporated in mix 1 and layering of mix 1 & 2, which I hadn't thought of-- that were real winner ideas).

The guy is a genius.

• Members

Yeah I was gonna say, man that thing must weigh a ton!
:)
Very cool Zach
:)

I was wondering about the weight while waiting for the face lift to get done, but surprisingly, when my friend and I went to retrieve it from CAE, we lifted it up into his van with no problem. IF I had the power amp in the same rack-THAT would be another story.

Thanks ;)

• Members

WOW! those dirt tones are sweet, It looked like you were playing a strat? where those single coils pup? great tones all around
:thu:
:thu:

Good eye... Yes, it was Bobs Strat... Single coils, IIRC- I don't remember what the bridge pickup was. If you look when he pans over to my Marshall, everything was set a 12 o'clock flat. I was surprised, because we didn't tweak anything at all.

• Members

Cool videos Zach, very sophisticated setup there and totally badass. I notice you have an old MXR EQ on the rack shelf, is it a pretty good EQ unit? I've seen a couple of those at a local music store, wondering if it would be a worthy addition to my collection.

• Members

Cool videos Zach, very sophisticated setup there and totally badass. I notice you have an old MXR EQ on the rack shelf, is it a pretty good EQ unit? I've seen a couple of those at a local music store, wondering if it would be a worthy addition to my collection.

Thanks...

I like it (EQ), but IF I were using an EQ with a pedal board type of setup, I might prefer the newer EQ, because of the on/off switch and the gain and volume level control. I haven't had the occasion to try it out (the newer one) though. I use the EQ for a very specific application, and very rarely, but I figured I may as well include it in the rig, plus I got it free. ;) I think a lot of pedals are good and/or bad in context depending on the other gear it's paired with. YMMV. ;):thu: FWIW, the OLD MXR's are built like tanks.

• Members

Thanks for the info Zach, if that store still has one I definitely might pick it up. It would be something I'd keep on all the time as for some minor tone shaping in the effects loop of my amp, and my head has an AC outlet on it so it can plug right into it there.

• Members

Thanks for the info Zach, if that store still has one I definitely might pick it up. It would be something I'd keep on all the time as for some minor tone shaping in the effects loop of my amp, and my head has an AC outlet on it so it can plug right into it there.

;):thu:

Archived