Getting sick of my G major

• Members

Hey guys,

This thing is starting to piss me off! Ok maybe I'm an idiot, my setup is as follows:

JMP1 out into gmajor input, gmajor out to 9100 poweramp.

I have it set to serial and consumer level.

The effects seem to suck the life out of the jmp1. I ran the jmp1 to the poweramp without the gmajor and it sounded awesome!

Put the gmajor back and the effects are washed out and sound like they are overtaking everything, reverbs are either dry or sounds like I'm in a tunnel and the jmp1 sounds like {censored}.

Either recommend a better unit or maybe teach a moron how to set this thing up right please help!

• Members

Check the default. It is at a -6db for volume boosting for leads and comes that way from the factory. Consumer -10 and pro +4. Jmp1 has switches in the back for that. Looks like you have it in series, so -6 I think is your problem change on the G-major.

• Members

Check the default. It is at a -6db for volume boosting for leads and comes that way from the factory. Consumer -10 and pro +4. Jmp1 has switches in the back for that. Looks like you have it in series, so -6 I think is your problem change on the G-major.

+1

adjust your mix levels

• Members

Thanks guys! Ok what should I set the outputs to??

Consumer or Pro, I have it set to consumer. Also, I am not using the effects loop on the jmp, I'm running it all through the Gmajor. I have the routing set to Series.

Damn all this for simple reverb delay and chorus!!! :)

Funny enough, I'm not too into effects.

Thanks again for any advice, this has been bugging me for a while.

• Members

Thanks guys! Ok what should I set the outputs to??

Consumer or Pro, I have it set to consumer. Also, I am not using the effects loop on the jmp, I'm running it all through the Gmajor. I have the routing set to Series.

Damn all this for simple reverb delay and chorus!!!
:)

Funny enough, I'm not too into effects.

Thanks again for any advice, this has been bugging me for a while.

The Consumer/Pro setting is for you input level not your output. It's a balancing act between your rhythm levels and if you want to initiate a ex solo boost then set your solo boost output level to -3dB or 0dB from -6dB (the factory default), IIRC.

• Members

you need to tried the gmajor in the jmp1 effects loop, then use it in parallel for delays, reverbs, etc.

in the jmp1 ajust the effect just to "1" and the gmajor mix to 100%

sorry for my english

Archived