AxeFX

• Members

If you have not done so (and have the means to), you guys owe it to yourselves to try the AxeFX. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with this unit. It definitely takes some tweaking but I seriously think it's going to replace 90% of my gear.

Right now I have it running through a Mesa 2:90 and 1960A's with the poweramp and cab sims turned off. I also tried my trusty MP-1 Mod4MkII in the AxeFX's loop with excellent results. The beauty of the AxeFX's loop is that it's completely routable anywhere in the chain so you can stick a wah, compressor, or boost sim in front of it. Regardless, the amp sims are second to none. They clean up with volume control and respond perfectly to picking technique. The converters are the most transparent I've ever heard. I CANNOT tell the difference between my MP1 plugged straight into the 2:90 and routed through the AxeFX.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a huge gear sell off soon. :wave:

• Members

Dude when did you get yours? Guitardojo who used to hang at ADADepot turned me onto it last April. It replaced 90% of my rack (I still have my 3TM though I like the gain from that and use it with the global amp sims on USA Clean. Perfect blend of clean and dirty)

Great, great unit. Javajunkie over at the Axe forums is the man. He walked me thru a lot of sheet over the phone. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you figure out what is what the possibilities are endless.

Boogie, man I'm telling you it will replace your "55" I sold my 33 the same week. :)

Dude you need any tips hit me up. I'll help with what I can.

Welcome to the dark side. Ha ha

• Members

The AxeFX is one of the few pieces of gear with amp modelling that I would actually consider using in a professional situation. I could easily be fooled into thinking that the axefx was a legit tube amp, if I was told so, and I'm sure the same goes for pretty much everyone

• Members

Dude when did you get yours? Guitardojo who used to hang at ADADepot turned me onto it last April. It replaced 90% of my rack (I still have my 3TM though I like the gain from that and use it with the global amp sims on USA Clean. Perfect blend of clean and dirty)

Got it Friday, was on the list since November. I'm using mine with my Mod4MkII. The amp sims are really very good, but not as good as the Mod4. ;)

I'm selling off pretty much all my other gear and will downsize to the Mod4, AxeFX, and 2:90. :thu:

• Members

Got it Friday, was on the list since November. I'm using mine with my Mod4MkII. The amp sims are really very good, but not as good as the Mod4.
;)

I'm selling off pretty much all my other gear and will downsize to the Mod4, AxeFX, and 2:90.
:thu:

I hear ya. I love mine but the 3TM gain with the Axe is teh brutal. Ha ha. It will NEVER leave my rack.

So far I've replaced:

Stock MP-1 (used for cleans)

G-Force

Digi IPS-33B

Makes for a hellofva lighter rack to carry around.

Download some of the IR's and Java's patches on the forum. :thu:

Archived