Appropriate MIDI controller for TC G Major

• Members

Hey guys,

My current set up is:

Jackson Dinky > Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah > Splawn Quickrod 100 watt head > TC G Major in loop > Avatar 2x12 with 30 watt Warehouse Reapers

What I want to do is control the channel switching on the Splawn and control the effects on the G major "stompbox style". I currently have a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI board and used to control just patch changes in my previous rack setup. Is it possible to switch a patch in the G Major and, within the patch, turn on/off certain effect blocks as well as switch channels on the Splawn? Within a patch I may have certain delays settings, chorus settings, etc. So it would be nice to switch to those different patches, and then turn the effects on and off within that one.

First, is this possible on the G Major? Second, can the Behringer handle that?

• Members

The FCB 1010 can do this..... I may be slightly off on the procedure..... but I think it's something like this:

Say, for example, you want to hit pedal # 6 to turn off your delay.

Step 1: Select preset 6 on your FCB 1010.

Step 2: Hold the DOWN pedal for 3 seconds. (this puts it into preset edit mode)

Step 3: Push the UP pedal (this will put you in the page where you select all the MIDI functions you want to occur within this preset).

Step 4: Make sure that the LED's on pedals 1 through 5 are NOT lit.. Otherwise it will send a program change and change your patches when you hit pedal 6... you don't want that to happen.

Step 5: Make sure the LED on pedal 6 is lit. If it's not lit, hold it down for a few seconds until it is. Now that it's lit, press it briefly to make the LED start flashing.

Step 6: Press the UP pedal. This will get you to where you can select a control change #. You can select any number because the G Major will "learn" whatever number you pick to turn delay on and off.

Say, for example, you pick #37...... hit pedal 3 ........ then hit pedal 7.

Step 7: Hit the UP pedal again. This confirms you've selected number 37. Your FCB display should say 00 (this will translate to "delay off". You want that. So hit UP yet again.

Step 8: Make sure pedal 7 LED is on. If it's not, hold it down for 3 seconds till it is. Now press pedal 7 briefly to make it's LED start flashing.

Step 9: Hit the UP pedal. This will get you to where you can select a control change #. You want to select #37 (the number that will control your delay). So ...... hit pedal 3 ........ then hit pedal 7.

Step 10: Hit the UP pedal again. Your FCB display should say 127 (this will translate to "delay on". You want that. So hit UP yet again.

Now, to save your preset, hold the DOWN pedal for a few seconds.

Now you need to get your G Major to "learn" the delay on/off command.

I'm not 100% sure how to do that.... but I think you "double click" the MOD button and go through the options till you get to where you can select what controls your delay on and off. There should be several options...... one of which is "LEARN"

Select that one and push your ENTER wheel. It should say >>>>LEARNING

At that point..... hit pedal 6 on your FCB and your G Major will now recognize that as the delay on/off command.

• Members

Now you mentioned you want to be able to switch channels on the Splawn.

Say, for example, you want pedal 7 to do that.

Step 1: Select Preset 7 on your FCB

Step 2: Hold the DOWN pedal for 3 seconds. (this puts it into preset edit mode).

You are now immediately in the SWITCH setting mode. There should be no number in the display...... and the green SWITCH 1/SWITCH 2 LED should be flashing.

Step 3: Press pedal 1 to make it's LED light up ... (if it's not lit up already).

Setp 4: Hold the DOWN pedal for 3 seconds to save your changes.

This should make it so you can change channels on your Splawn when you hit pedal 7.

You may need to go back into preset 7 and make it so no other PC or CC commands occur.

To do this......

Step 1: Hit pedal 7

Step 2: Hold the DOWN pedal for 3 seconds.

Step 3: Press the UP pedal (this pages you up to the section where you select which MIDI commands are sent out).

Step 4: Make sure none of the LEDs on any of the pedals are lit. If any of them are..... hold that particular pedal down for 3 seconds to turn it off.

Step 5: Hold the DOWN pedal for 3 seconds to save your changes.

Archived