Using a stompbox looper with a rack

• Members

Anyone incorporating a stereo looper in their signal chain along with their racked Pod X3 pro? Are you running a non-midiable looper stompbox out of your signal chain to beside your foot controller and back again or somehow racking a midiable looper footpedal and keeping it in a tray in your rack and assiging button controls on your foot controller for the PodX3 pro?

Curious to see what people are doing. I recently saw a Line6 M13 in a rack tray and I think the guy was only using the looper on it.

I want to fit a stereo looper in my rack setup but they are all stomp boxes thesedays (unless you got the coin to spend on a Looperative) and keep the same functionality the latches on the stomp box would give me control-wise by mapping to my Line6 Floorboard controller.

• Members

Question, Have you ever played with a drummer and tried to get them to play along with any kind of looper, echo or vibrado in time? Its pretty difficult to impossible since its the drummer who sets the beat. If you're just into recording or playing solo then you can use whatever you want. There again if you are recording you have access to the best looper possible, a mutitrack DAW. loopers are OK is you ant to jam along with yourself and practice but I've never found a use for them in the past 45 years playing live. When people play out, they use the drummer and bassist for the rythum. A guitarist is important of course but its not something the band would follow for rythum with a loop pattern happening.

• Members

Question, Have you ever played with a drummer and tried to get them to play along with any kind of looper,

Yes I have. Luckily the drummer in question played with a click track because our keyboardist ran a sequencer so he could step out and do sax solos. It was wonderful to have every delay time be perfectly in synch if you were into the edge stuff. He'd have to count me into songs that started with guitar but by the time the whole band kicked in we were on beat because the syncopated delay playing kept me honest. AT one point we played around with this thing called the "Human Clock" which would take the snare hit and send out a midi clock time to anyone who wanted a feed. That band broke up before we coudl play more with that (and that was way back in the late 80's, I'm sure there must be better stuff now).

My uses for the looper would be in intros without a band, or guitar solo sections, also without a band, or solo acoustic guitar unaccompanied.

I managed to dig this thread up http://line6.com/community/message/61152#61152 and they just reccomend putting the looper AFTER the Pod X3. I need to loop the wet sound.

I like a dirty high gain lead sound over a clean chord progression. If the Looper is up front, it won't be able to do that.

• Members

Anyone incorporating a stereo looper in their signal chain along with their racked Pod X3 pro? Are you running a non-midiable looper stompbox out of your signal chain to beside your foot controller and back again or somehow racking a midiable looper footpedal and keeping it in a tray in your rack and assiging button controls on your foot controller for the PodX3 pro?

Curious to see what people are doing. I recently saw a Line6 M13 in a rack tray and I think the guy was only using the looper on it.

I want to fit a stereo looper in my rack setup but they are all stomp boxes thesedays (unless you got the coin to spend on a Looperative) and keep the same functionality the latches on the stomp box would give me control-wise by mapping to my Line6 Floorboard controller.

I've done this (in mono) with tube preamps (Guitar in to looper which has two preamps in it's loops, out to a power amp). It works great. I used the Boss LS-2 as my looper. It's a really useful pedal for stuff like that. it can mix signals, etc, too. But for your use, it probably isn't sufficient because it is mono when used as a dual looper.

Archived