I'm curious who else use a rack based setup, whether for studio work or live.

• Members

I'm using the Egnater M4 together with a modified Marshall 9100 for distorted and a Mesa Fifty/ Fifty for clean tones myself. For a while it also incorporated a TC Electronic G-system, but I grew tired of the user interface and the unnatural sounding modulation effects of it. Those new TonePrint pedals seem up my street though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Other than having a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp in my live rig for quite some time, I normally gig with a head and pedals, but I record with the following:

Peavey Rockmaster preamp

ART DST-4 preamp/processor

Carvin Tube 100 power amp

ART Dual Tube EQ parametric

BBE Sonic Maximizer 362NR

Sabine RT7100 tuner

I basically pieced that rig together specifically for my band's most recent album, loved how it turned out, and intend to use it again the next time we record. I sold the Rocktron Multi-Valve processor that I used for a couple of effects, but haven't decided if I'm going to bother getting another effects unit or not, as we really don't use anything that the ART DST-4 can't provide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

ADA Fan Boy here! MP-1 into Roland GP-16, into Micro Cab I or Ampulator into T100S into the stereo cab d'jour. All racked up with a tuner, wireless and a power conditioner (for the cool lights) with a Pitchtraq and MQ1 although not always in the circuit. And I think I recognize Rich above from the depot! I haven't had my rack out in quite awhile. I might have to open it up this weekend! When I'm not providing sound, I play bass more than guitar. Bass gear is also racked. The one I use most is an Ampeg B5R with a tuner, wireless and power conditioner into a Ampeg 2x10 wedge of a Mesa Boogie Road Ready 6x10. Used less often (and currently torn apart) is a Bag End/Crown rack. I love and have always loved rack gear. I can set up any of the above rigs in less than five minutes and be having a beer and a smoke before the drummer has rolled out the rug he plans on setting his drums on.

• Members

Thanks, Phil. It works quite nicely and is light enought that I can carry it myself (usually). Everything fits in the back of my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe (169,000 miles so far). All of the recent songs on my website were done using that rig as it grew (except for Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphy which was recorded in 1976 or so, just a bit early).

I forgot to post a picture of my other "rack":

133760324.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm currently "racked"

Hughes & Kettner Tubeman Plus Preamp

POD HD PRO

and a bunch of pedals:

MXR Custom Comp

DiceWorks Muff Diver Finale Fuzz

Way Huge Green Rhino MkII

MXR Script Re-issue Phase 45 (Analogman mods)

Boss RE-20 Rotary Speaker Pedal

Korg G4 Rotary Speaker Pedal

Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory

Line 6 Dr. Distorto Pedal (soon to be replaced with Boss FB-2...?)

Archived