Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHT 2150 poweramp with 1 4x12 cab is stereo mandatory ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT 2150 poweramp with 1 4x12 cab is stereo mandatory ?

Well, I just got a VHT 2150 poweramp to sit underneath a mesa triaxis and I was wondering if I should just run the 1 4x12 cab at 16ohms through channel A and leave channel B in standby mode (since there's no input/output on channel B). Is this a proper setup without damaging the amp or do I have to run the poweramp in stereo through the cab ? It's a marshall 1960AV so I can switch it to stereo 8ohm as well. The poweramp has an impedance selector per channel so I can match it either way. Just want to know if I can leave 1 channel disconnected and leave it in standby or not.
    Gear

Jackson SL1 Soloist BK
    Gibson Les Paul Std. Faded Honey Burst
    Ibanez S320-WK (SD PATB2+SD JB modded)
    Gibson SG Menace
    Jackson Professional Fusion std.
    Elixir .10-.46 strings

G-Major 2
    Boss CE-2
    Boss LS-2

Leave it on standby with no input. All controls at zero with nothing plugged in.
    Do all your playing on the other channel. Switch between the two channels every week or every two weeks. It'll help keep the tubes aging at close to the same rate.
    -ESP: SS Alexi Sawtooth-Framus: Cobra KT88-VHT: FB-412 P50E-Maxon: OD808-iSP: Decimator-Dunlop: DCR-2SR-Eventide: TimeFactor-Peterson: VS-R Tuner-Furman: AR-15 II-Eventide: PowerFactor-Axess: GRX4 & MFC5

Comment

What Oblivion said exactly.

Comment

Working...
      X